Dreger: MN could move Dumba

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I would love him in Vancouver.

Outside of not needing wingers, I have no idea what Minnesota fans think they're team needs. On paper they have a solid line up...

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m not trading Dumba. Everyone seems to discredit a large body of work based on half a season of middle-pairing performance. Coming into the year he looked like he could be a 1RD for our franchise for the next decade. I’ll bet on that more than I’ll bet on any of the meh prices offered here turning into a top 6 C:

Reactions: TheeNorthStar

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I suspect he won't be full healed till next year, and that his ruptured Pectoral is more of a factor when shooting than we know. I mean, I didn't even know you could rupture a pec...it's not exactly a common hockey injury.

These guys are like finely tuned racehorses. If something is just a bit out of whack, it can affect their whole game.

Or i could be completely wrong, and he is about to go on a scoring tear. He still shoots it a lot.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Eh, Dumba is generally the least of the Wild's concerns in the playoffs. I thought he was excellent against Winnipeg in particular, a series where we were down Suter and Spurgeon and massively outgunned up front.

If his shooting percentage was bound to regress in the second half of last year (which I think it was) it's bound to "progress" from the 2.5% it's at now. We saw the same thing with Zucker last year: half the trade forum was proclaiming him a 20G/40P guy with one good year while Wild fans generally insisted he was more of a 25G/55P guy that was weirdly snakebit.

Dumba's struggles go beyond shooting percentage this year, but I don't think he's capping out as a 40pt second-pairing guy (which is what many of these proposals seem to imply).
In my experience you don’t get a return on potential for a player past 24. I think if anyone is offering what has been offered in this thread, then Minn would be foolish to pass it up as these are very good offers based on what we have seen to date from this player.
Kapanen, Sandin and a second is to much to say no to.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
In my experience you don’t get a return on potential for a player past 24. I think if anyone is offering what has been offered in this thread, then Minn would be foolish to pass it up as these are very good offers based on what we have seen to date from this player.
Kapanen, Sandin and a 2nd helps us less than keeping Dumba.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
& Minnesota fans & Vancouver already went over this. Vancouver has no one

Dumba would cost 1st & bowser or 1st , 3rd & no Harvard. Minnesota isn't taking gaudette.

Hockey players are not exactly rare here in MN.

Boeser would be a more than fair offer for Dumba. He is not a C, but he is a RHS wing, which is needed here in MN.
I have also mentioned Pod + Madden, though that is much riskier for the Wild. I'm a Madden fan...Pod...well, I'm assuming that scouts know what they are talking about. I just don't see elite skill there. Elite grinder, maybe?

I can definitely see where VAN would want to see that Dumba wakes up in the second half of the season.

Max Domi is fitting the description

Love domis game but he loves montreal. I have a strong feeling domi on minnesota wouldnt be the same player as domi on montreal.

Leafs have no one besides Nylander

Kapanen, Sandin, and a 2nd is good offer. Don't think the Wild should take it because it doesn't fit their needs, but the value is ok. I also don't think it is a good fit for TOR, unless they find a way to move Barrie.

I much prefer the offers from VAN such as Boeser, or Madden + Pod. Think that trade fits both team needs.

Would also consider Trochek, but I think the Wild are best served by getting younger talent. They aren't going anywhere for a couple of years, I don't think.

We need a Horvat.

That is some....uh....diverse opinion there from the last three pages.

I mean Horvat is right out for us. He's our captain and really, even for Dumba, I can't fathom an add on that would make him available. I appreciate the interest, but he's just not for sale.

Nylander/Domi/Boeser/Kadri (not quoted, but referenced in the negative) would all be interesting, but Kadri is the only guy that plays center. Ok, Domi can do both, but when ever I see him play he seems to be on the wing. Personally I have no trouble moving Boeser for Dumba, but I thought this was a no-winger thing.

Some of the quantity offers is what I was hoping to hear about. Kapanen, Sandin and a 2nd I think is beat by Pod+Madden or even Gaudette+1st+. That was the offer I was hoping to make, but it seems I am late to the party, and someone wearing my colours has already thrown up in the punch bowl. I'd want to make a futures for Dumba deal, but it doesn't seem feasible it's being asked that we drop a core player (for another core player, to be sure). Our top six C prospect pool is basically Gaudette and Madden, our D prospects rank from Tryamkin to Juolevi to Woo and other prospects of note are Podkolzin and Hoglander. Lind would also be available, but he's a tier below the other two, and again, a winger. DiPietro or Demko would also be happily included if they're desired. If there isn't a way to make a workable deal from the prospects listed, and a roster filler like Stecher, or a dump like Schaller, I'll thank you for the read, and slink out slowly then.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019

Toronto fan bases & other fan bases whoever you are, kapanen won't make lineup fit wild on top 6. My gosh wild can trade Dumba, get 1st, top 6 c young, & prospect.

My gosh some people are amazing on here. One bad season doesn't diminish a player's value especially since Toronto fans want to think this way

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
That is some....uh....diverse opinion there from the last three pages.

I mean Horvat is right out for us. He's our captain and really, even for Dumba, I can't fathom an add on that would make him available. I appreciate the interest, but he's just not for sale.

Nylander/Domi/Boeser/Kadri (not quoted, but referenced in the negative) would all be interesting, but Kadri is the only guy that plays center. Ok, Domi can do both, but when ever I see him play he seems to be on the wing. Personally I have no trouble moving Boeser for Dumba, but I thought this was a no-winger thing.

Some of the quantity offers is what I was hoping to hear about. Kapanen, Sandin and a 2nd I think is beat by Pod+Madden or even Gaudette+1st+. That was the offer I was hoping to make, but it seems I am late to the party, and someone wearing my colours has already thrown up in the punch bowl. I'd want to make a futures for Dumba deal, but it doesn't seem feasible it's being asked that we drop a core player (for another core player, to be sure). Our top six C prospect pool is basically Gaudette and Madden, our D prospects rank from Tryamkin to Juolevi to Woo and other prospects of note are Podkolzin and Hoglander. Lind would also be available, but he's a tier below the other two, and again, a winger. DiPietro or Demko would also be happily included if they're desired. If there isn't a way to make a workable deal from the prospects listed, and a roster filler like Stecher, or a dump like Schaller, I'll thank you for the read, and slink out slowly then.

"A Horvat". You asked what our needs are. A young top 6 center is our biggest need. I don't expect Vancouver fans to want to give him up.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Even if Van and Min could make a deal both sides would agree to, Van doesn’t have the cap room to take on a 6 million dollar cap hit without moving Eriksson, who has actually been good for us since making his way back onto the roster.

Last edited:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
"A Horvat". You asked what our needs are. A young top 6 center is our biggest need. I don't expect Vancouver fans to want to give him up.

See I read that thinking there was a list. I need to get myself together.

I still feel Gaudette will be, but I understand not everyone views him as glowingly as I/we do.

Makes it tough, because if we had a spare Horvat, Dumbas a hell of a player.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
See I read that thinking there was a list. I need to get myself together.

I still feel Gaudette will be, but I understand not everyone views him as glowingly as I/we do.

Makes it tough, because if we had a spare Horvat, Dumbas a hell of a player.

If Benning offered up Gaudette and Minny turned it down, they’d be crazy! I personally think there’s a good chance Gaudette becomes better than Horvat, if not, I think he’ll be at least as good of a player. He’s got too much fire and drive, as well as being a skilled player. Love the kid and would hate to trade him.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
If Benning offered up Gaudette and Minny turned it down, they’d be crazy! I personally think there’s a good chance Gaudette becomes better than Horvat, if not, I think he’ll be at least as good of a player. He’s got too much fire and drive, as well as being a skilled player. Love the kid and would hate to trade him.

So Minnesota can get ripped off? My gosh this is a joke! Minnesota isn't trading Dumba without an overpayment. Yeah guerin is should be excited to do straight up! Gosh other fan bases just disrespecting wild players

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

I don't want to hope for better, but I do feel Gaudette could be on par with him. The problem is the words "could be". It seems our friends in the Twin Cities are looking for someone that will be or is already.

Reactions: MNRube

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't want to hope for better, but I do feel Gaudette could be on par with him. The problem is the words "could be". It seems our friends in the Twin Cities are looking for someone that will be or is already.
Yeah, I do like Guadette and have for a while, but I can't get my head around trading Dumba for him. It's not impossible that that'll look like a silly stance in a year or two.

Something around Zucker and Gaudette would be more my speed.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, I do like Guadette and have for a while, but I can't get my head around trading Dumba for him. It's not impossible that that'll look like a silly stance in a year or two.

Or Brodin and Gaudette

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

Straight up? Sure, the value is there, but there isn't really incentive for Vancouver to trade a young RFA C for a more productive, more expensive, older winger.

I would be looking to trade a package including Gaudette for Dumba though, I am not foolish enough to think Gaudette and his potential alone is worth Dumba. I hope that was clear at least.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Straight up? Sure, the value is there, but isn't really incentive for Vancouver to trade a young RFA C for a more productive, more expensive, older winger.

I would be looking to trade a package including Gaudette for Dumba though, I am not foolish enough to think Gaudette and his potential alone is worth Dumba. I hope that was clear at least.

"I want to be the one to trade a package of lesser assets and get the better piece back"

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Straight up? Sure, the value is there, but there isn't really incentive for Vancouver to trade a young RFA C for a more productive, more expensive, older winger.

If we're trading Dumba, I'd hope it's not in a package for lesser parts. Even if one of those parts is a good young center with top 6 upside. I would want to find a 1 for 1 deal for an established top 6 center, possibly add small parts to even out the deal where needed. If we can't find that, we should keep him.

Everyone wants to trade a package of lesser players for one better one, I would love to package Dumba+ for a legitimate 1C that's 25 or younger, but that's not the kind of deal the Wild should be on the other side of right now.

Reactions: Cogburn

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If I was a Wild fan I'd be against this. Do you guys need to fire your GM before he makes desperation moves that end up making things even worse in attempt to save his job?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If I was a Wild fan I'd be against this. Do you guys need to fire your GM before he makes desperation moves that end up making things even worse in attempt to save his job?
1) His job isn't the line, he just got here in August;
2) We have very specific needs, and if Dumba helps address those needs it's a fine trade, which leads into;
3) He hasn't even made a single move yet, we don't know what he's going after, we don't even know if he's going to make any moves in season. We'll probably wait until he does literally anything before we decide if what he's doing is good or bad.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
1) His job isn't the line, he just got here in August;
2) We have very specific needs, and if Dumba helps address those needs it's a fine trade, which leads into;
3) He hasn't even made a single move yet, we don't know what he's going after, we don't even know if he's going to make any moves in season. We'll probably wait until he does literally anything before we decide if what he's doing is good or bad.

I'm shocked and impressed with how calm you sound.
As a Wild fan, you haven't been through the pain of incompetence like us Oil fans have.
I seriously don't want to see Dumba get traded for a top 6 forward + B prospect + 1st rounder to a top 10 team and then see him get nominated for a Noris in 2021.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->