Dreger: MN could move Dumba

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If you are waiting for someone to give you a #1 center for Dumba, you might be waiting for a long time. At least a year, at which point you'll lose Dumba for nothing to Seattle.
I’m not waiting for that. Kadri for Dumba isn’t good value today, even after Dumba’s slump, and it was even worse this offseason when Kadri got moved.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Canucks offer Gaudette+Stecher+Dipietro
I don't think Gaudette is enough to build a deal around.

Kapanen or Johnsson
Liljgren or Sandin
2nd (no pick if Sandin)

Rielly - Dumba
Muzzin - Barrie
Dermott - Holl
Neither Kapanen/Johnsson or Sandin/Liljegren would help all that much. Even if one is convinced that Kapanen or Johnsson is a 2nd line winger, the Wild roster is about 80% 2nd line wingers right now and the two oldest have NMCs.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Unless some GM is prepared to massively overpay, now is not a good time for the Wild to trade Dumba. If they are going to move a defenseman, it should be Brodin because of his relative trade value. I'm confident that Dumba's play will pick up close to where he was at last season before his injury.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kapanen, Sandin, and a 2nd is good offer. Don't think the Wild should take it because it doesn't fit their needs, but the value is ok. I also don't think it is a good fit for TOR, unless they find a way to move Barrie.

I much prefer the offers from VAN such as Boeser, or Madden + Pod. Think that trade fits both team needs.

Would also consider Trochek, but I think the Wild are best served by getting younger talent. They aren't going anywhere for a couple of years, I don't think.

Reactions: SnS

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
With what has happened to Dumba’s game this season there’s no way I would trade Gaudette or Boeser for Dumba. I think Madden & Pod is too much, that’s two high potential prospects, depleting our pool doing that. Dumba’s game needs to turn around before netting that type of return.

Gaudette reminds me of Kesler, same fire to be better than what’s expected. His mindset coming into camp was to force the team to keep him and he did just that, that fire he has to be better, is what made Kesler such a good player. I think Gaudette could be better than Horvat.

Last edited:

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh
I used to love Dumba a couple of years ago and dont watch Minnesota play all that often but he was really terrible against the Pens last week in Crosby's return game. I don't know if he's washed or what but man he was bad

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Geez Dregs I guess they really could move Dumba if they wanted to! Why, I bet that Chicago could move Saad if they wanted to just like Tampa could move Sergachev if they wanted to!!!!

man oh man, that Darren fella sure has his finger right on the pulse of the league

where can I get my free twitter account:naughty:

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Kapanen, Sandin, and a 2nd is good offer. Don't think the Wild should take it because it doesn't fit their needs, but the value is ok. I also don't think it is a good fit for TOR, unless they find a way to move Barrie.

I much prefer the offers from VAN such as Boeser, or Madden + Pod. Think that trade fits both team needs.

Would also consider Trochek, but I think the Wild are best served by getting younger talent. They aren't going anywhere for a couple of years, I don't think.

Hahs joke of an offer. 2nd yeah okay. Wild don't need kapanen. Wild has Kaprizov coming over. Toronto fans need to stop. Wild already have too many wingers as it's. A 2nd for a young good player struggling this year coming off injury & Norris season last year? Okay I will have what you are having

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Hahs joke of an offer. 2nd yeah okay. Wild don't need kapanen. Wild has Kaprizov coming over. Toronto fans need to stop. Wild already have too many wingers as it's. A 2nd for a young good player struggling this year coming off injury & Norris season last year? Okay I will have what you are having
Another way to look at it is he has had one 50 point outlier season, one 34 point season and the rest are less than that. IMO that Toronto offer with Sandin in it is an over payment but to get this deal to happen it might be required.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Another way to look at it is he has had one 50 point outlier season, one 34 point season and the rest are less than that. IMO that Toronto offer with Sandin in it is an over payment but to get this deal to happen it might be required.
He also had a season where he was leading the league goals from defensemen before being injured in a fight. He was basically on a ballistic trajectory from the moment he came into the league until last December.

His value right now is definitely up in the air and I don't think Guerin would be showered with offers of young top-6 centers plus if he made him available. But if no other team wants to bet that Dumba resumes the course he was on I'd be happy to see the Wild do it.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
He also had a season where he was leading the league goals from defensemen before being injured in a fight. He was basically on a ballistic trajectory from the moment he came into the league until last December.

His value right now is definitely up in the air and I don't think Guerin would be showered with offers of young top-6 centers plus if he made him available. But if no other team wants to bet that Dumba resumes the course he was on I'd be happy to see the Wild do it.

I am not sure ballistic trajectory is accurate. He has 8 points in 26 playoff games and on his injury ending year his shooting percentage was 50% higher than career average.

I think he is a good player, but not as good as the offers here suggest.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I am not sure ballistic trajectory is accurate. He has 8 points in 26 playoff games and on his injury ending year his shooting percentage was 50% higher than career average.

I think he is a good player, but not as good as the offers here suggest.
Eh, Dumba is generally the least of the Wild's concerns in the playoffs. I thought he was excellent against Winnipeg in particular, a series where we were down Suter and Spurgeon and massively outgunned up front.

If his shooting percentage was bound to regress in the second half of last year (which I think it was) it's bound to "progress" from the 2.5% it's at now. We saw the same thing with Zucker last year: half the trade forum was proclaiming him a 20G/40P guy with one good year while Wild fans generally insisted he was more of a 25G/55P guy that was weirdly snakebit.

Dumba's struggles go beyond shooting percentage this year, but I don't think he's capping out as a 40pt second-pairing guy (which is what many of these proposals seem to imply).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->