Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Brutal.

I think it will be lucky to do 200k.

Just to add, I think it's absolutely insane and kind of sad how delusional some people are when it comes to things like this. I hope both of these guys have saved their money and are doing okay because if they think this fight is going to do anything close to what they're suggesting they are sadly mistaken.

Depending on what they get for an undercard, and the price point, I think 200k would be doable. No word if Chuck took the same deal, just that Tito agreed to no base pay to make the fight happen because he wants revenge soooo bad. I hope for Chuck's sake though that he just banked his cheques when he was the UFC's VP of Mohawks before WME took over, and he doesn't actually *need* this money.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
3rd degree felony assault charges against UFC Light Heavyweight Volkan Oezdemir have been dropped after the alleged victim refused to cooperate with investigators.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Depending on what they get for an undercard, and the price point, I think 200k would be doable. No word if Chuck took the same deal, just that Tito agreed to no base pay to make the fight happen because he wants revenge soooo bad. I hope for Chuck's sake though that he just banked his cheques when he was the UFC's VP of Mohawks before WME took over, and he doesn't actually *need* this money.

I think Chuck wants a fight, and Tito is probably the easiest fight out there that people will care about. So yeah, different motivation for him.

I do think Tito takes this fight rather easily. He's been active recently and Chuck hasn't. I see he's around a -200, which sounds about right.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Maybe they could sell if it was Bellator putting on the event and they threw Rory, Mousasi, Rampage, Fedor, etc on there but t's Golden Boy so all they're likely going to have for the undercard is a bunch of fighters no one knows or cares about. I'd be shocked if they sold 100k on PPV unless it's like $20 or something.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Even the stacked Bellator PPV cards only did 100k.

It's not going to go well, and it wouldn't surprise me if they see the trends and it doesn't even happen. I'm sure Tito has another random injury left in him.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Heard on the Luke Thomas show that Dana apparently had zero involvement in negotiating the UFC deal. It was apparently mentioned in a Sports Business Journal article, but I can't seem to find that actual tidbit.

I'm actually going to be surprised if Dana is still president by 2020.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Heard on the Luke Thomas show that Dana apparently had zero involvement in negotiating the UFC deal. It was apparently mentioned in a Sports Business Journal article, but I can't seem to find that actual tidbit.

Pretty sure Dana is tuned out of MMA and only has his sight on Zuffa Boxing with the Fertitta's

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

I assume he was referencing this article:

The fight to get the deals done

Dana White was actually named as being a key figure in it, but then weirdly doesn't come up in the story again.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Yeah I saw that one, all it does is just name White as President. Maybe it's just industry chatter. But if you're WME, why send a Neanderthal into the negotiating process when that moron is on record of saying "f*** ESPN" on multiple occasions? Ari can just send in his chronies who probably golf with the ESPN execs on weekends.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
On an non UFC related topic, I went back and watched PFL 3 on Facebook. Call me a fan. Excellent product, much better than Bellator in terms of production, and given the way the points system works, it creates exciting fights, even the ones that go the distance. Will be watching the rest of the season for sure.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Speculation has it the female in question with regards to Schaub's "eskimo brothers" comment is Ronda Rousey. Not that it's surprising at all.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Covington out with an unknown injury. UFC wanted him to fight Woodley in September on the 228 card, but turned it down. Word is UFC now wants to strip him of the interim title and give Darren Till the shot, despite missing weight in two of his last four fights, including his last one. Woodley turned down the Till fight, however, because he knows Covington will be the bigger payday, and apparently wants him at MSG.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Looks like neither Rockhold nor Romero are moving up just yet. UFC just announced Rockhold vs. Weidman and Romero vs. Costa for the NY card in November. Big step up for Costa that'll show us just how far along and well-rounded he is.

They also announced Edgar vs. The Korean Zombie and Cerrone vs. Perry for the Fight Night card on November 10th.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So they decided to make an interim title fight, even though Woodley was going to be ready two months later, in order to make him defend his belt against Covington/RDA instead of looking for a money fight. Now, they're stripping Covington of that meaningless belt because he won't fight on the date they want and they're giving the title shot to Till, who just won a controversial decision after badly missing weight.

Almost all interim belts are dumb and meaningless but this one might've been the worst case yet so who really cares if they're going to take it away from Covington. Plus, it couldn't have happened to a better guy and he'll likely still be the #1 contender. I think Woodley vs. Till could be a pretty bad/boring fight though.

Reactions: m9

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North

So they decided to make an interim title fight, even though Woodley was going to be ready two months later, in order to make him defend his belt against Covington/RDA instead of looking for a money fight. Now, they're stripping Covington of that meaningless belt because he won't fight on the date they want and they're giving the title shot to Till, who just won a controversial decision after badly missing weight.

Almost all interim belts are dumb and meaningless but this one might've been the worst case yet so who really cares if they're going to take it away from Covington. Plus, it couldn't have happened to a better guy and he'll likely still be the #1 contender. I think Woodley vs. Till could be a pretty bad/boring fight though.

Good if they strip Covington there is no point in having interm belts. Your either the champ or not.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Looks like neither Rockhold nor Romero are moving up just yet. UFC just announced Rockhold vs. Weidman and Romero vs. Costa for the NY card in November. Big step up for Costa that'll show us just how far along and well-rounded he is.

They also announced Edgar vs. The Korean Zombie and Cerrone vs. Perry for the Fight Night card on November 10th.

All great fights, even if I wanted Romero to move up. Hopefully nobody gets hurt.

Reactions: Avs_19

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
Time to make the Khabib fight for Oct/Nov now.
BountifulDimCalf-max-1mb.gif

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It's going to be hilarious when McGregor comes back and KO's Khabib. If only they could video the haters faces when it happens. It would be on par with seeing Leaf fans watch in horror as their team gave up a 3 goal lead to the Bruins with 9 minutes left in the third period to choke out of the playoffs a few years back...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I saw Conor's post on instagram "click clack I'm back" and was thinking there'd be a fight announcement the following day... holding out hope for following week lol

hopefully something's getting close.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
It's going to be hilarious when McGregor comes back and KO's Khabib. If only they could video the haters faces when it happens. It would be on par with seeing Leaf fans watch in horror as their team gave up a 3 goal lead to the Bruins with 9 minutes left in the third period to choke out of the playoffs a few years back...

There are haters on both sides of this rivalry.

They could video the faces of Khabib’s haters if he mauls Conor and it would be the same.

I’m having doubts this fight ever happens anyway.

Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad