MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That was wild. Werdum was so confident in the sub that he just willingly ate punches non-stop and eventually got finished.

PFL taking L’s with their name investments, i do not think that was a tap like they’re trying to claim

If Delija had won as a -500 fav I would’ve hit big on a $5 parlay. Still finished way up though, linemakers aren’t watching these guys

Reactions: 16Skippy and Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
PFL taking L’s with their name investments, i do not think that was a tap like they’re trying to claim

It looked a little suspect on that slow motion replay but it also looked like Werdum tightened it rather than letting go so I don’t think it mattered.

At least Rory got it done for them. The Pettis one probably sucked because he’s the biggest name but Werdum has been so hit or miss that even they can’t be too surprised by this.

Reactions: 16Skippy and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It looked a little suspect on that slow motion replay but it also looked like Werdum tightened it rather than letting go so I don’t think it mattered.

At least Rory got it done for them. The Pettis one probably sucked because he’s the biggest name but Werdum has been so hit or miss that even they can’t be too surprised by this.

Seemed to me like he was flailing more than anything. Seems like I’m in the minority though. But like you said it didn’t seem like Werdum loosened anything up, and if he did that’s on him for not waiting until the ref touched him

Ferreira has some freak show length to him

Reactions: Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Palhares watching that fight at home chuckling to himself

what do we think fellas? I can see it both ways

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Looks like a tap to me, but I'd have more sympathy for Werdum if he let the choke go.

I know she's probably just smashing cans, but Harrison looks good. Just the way she moves, she looks like she knows what she's doing. I hope she comes to the UFC to face Nunes before it's too late, but if I was her, I'd just collect that $1M from PFL every year.

Usman's brother looked terrible. Really sloppy stand up. I figured he was also a wrestler, but didn't see much of that.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Eh, doesn't really look like a tap to me. I'm fine with the call.

Reactions: CDJ

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Idk how anyone watches that and doesn't see a tap.
An unsure partial tap is still 100% a tap everytime, you don't make that motion mid submission ever unless its a tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->