MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It's a bad card, but RDA is ranked #12 at WW and a former champ. He still has a name in the UFC. And I think stylistically it's a good fight for Chandler. RDA struggles with wrestlers. If he got bullied by RDA, then he might not want to step in there with the Poirier's and Ferguson's of the division.

But oh well, Felder is a good choice to replace Islam. That has the potential to be a pretty good fight. Felder is a massive LW. Can't believe he's going to accept a fight at LW on 5 days notice.

I don't really see the reasoning why this fight is taking place at 155lbs. You have a guy in RDA who has struggled with weight cuts in the past vs a guy who is now going to probably cut a bunch of weight on short notice who is pretty big for 155lbs anyway. Who does this benefit?

It's a solid fight though. Good on Felder for stepping up.

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don't really see the reasoning why this fight is taking place at 155lbs. You have a guy in RDA who has struggled with weight cuts in the past vs a guy who is now going to probably cut a bunch of weight on short notice who is pretty big for 155lbs anyway. Who does this benefit?

It's a solid fight though. Good on Felder for stepping up.
I don't know what, if anything, RDA is doing differently now than what he was doing before, but he wants one more run at a title and it sure as hell ain't happening at 170 given his recent record there. He went through this whole camp preparing to weigh in at 155, so he probably wants to see that through. I'm not sure how much beating Felder at 170 would do for him, but beating him at 155, even on short notice, puts him in the top 10 of LW.

From Felder's perspective, I don't know. Hopefully the UFC is paying him well, but that cut on short notice is probably going to be hell, especially on short notice.

Reactions: CDJ and m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lowry vs Motta on the contender series right now is insane

Lowry may have the worst nose since Perry. Insane chin

Motta 30-27 across the board. Kids got some personality on the mic too, impressive for somebody speaking a 2nd language

The Allen-Strickland fight this weekend will be at 195. Also 24 hours ago you could get Allen at +120 and now he’s -120. There are holes you can exploit on the undercards/lesser known guys if you catch the line before public money comes in on it

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Josh Thomson says Aaron Pico is the best wrestler in the sport, also said the prelims on the last Ufc card sucked in case you wanted to know how his CTE adventure was going

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah, Max v Kattar was always the fight that made sense. Glad they got it booked and it's happening pretty quickly too. Should mean Ortega/Volkanovski will happen sometime in early 2021 as well.

Saw that Uriah Hall v Chris Weidman also got booked for February. Solid and appropriate fight for both guys.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Saw that Uriah Hall v Chris Weidman also got booked for February. Solid and appropriate fight for both guys.
Perhaps my bias is coming through as a Weidman fan, but I feel like this fight does nothing for either fighter, in terms of getting them closer to a title shot. I wouldn't be thrilled with it if I were either of them. If Hall wins people will discredit it as Weidman being shot, and if Weidman wins people will say, well yeah, you already beat him, so...

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Perhaps my bias is coming through as a Weidman fan, but I feel like this fight does nothing for either fighter, in terms of getting them closer to a title shot. I wouldn't be thrilled with it if I were either of them. If Hall wins people will discredit it as Weidman being shot, and if Weidman wins people will say, well yeah, you already beat him, so...
I think it makes sense. Weidman beat him, but it was 10 years ago. Frankly, Weidman just needs to stack some wins together. Doesn't really matter against who IMO. For Hall, it's another big name and frankly, his resume doesn't suggest he should be fighting the top of the division guys anyway. Weidman may or may not be shot, but he's still ranked #10.

Reactions: m9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad