MLS Thread: 2019 Edition

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I mean I’m not the biggest fan of Toronto but I also don’t think they will ever be thrown out of the league. This is the equivalent of throwing the Raptors out of the NBA.
I am convinced eventually Canadian MLS teams will be forced to play in CPL. Maybe not today or 20 years later. But eventually.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I am convinced eventually Canadian MLS teams will be forced to play in CPL. Maybe not today or 20 years later. But eventually.
Yeah just like the Raptors, Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Canucks, Jets, Flames, Oilers, Senators...

You should focus on finding a stadium for your fake team.

Reactions: sabremike

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

There is no way. The CPL will never reach the heights of the MLS and TFC have the investment to remain competitive and attractive in the MLS. What would ever make them come down to CPL?

If anything Toronto will just get another team in the CPL.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I doubt it. I don’t think CPL will ever be at the level MLS is or at least not in our lifetime.

It won't ever be and that is fine. I have season seats to Forge and I think most would agree that we are just happy to have a pro-league, especially one that will foster some growth for u-21 players.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Yeah just like the Raptors, Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Canucks, Jets, Flames, Oilers, Senators...

1. Bad comparison
2. Aren't you New Jersey Energy Drinks fan? Don't know how any of their fans can call any other team fake tbh.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Also might want to point out that single entity means no MLS team has an owner in the sense the term is understood. That would sorta complicate things no?

Reactions: Pouchkine

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Wait, so that's a real argument, that Toronto and other Canadian teams would be kicked out of MLS? Well that's just silly.

Pulido has looked really good for Sporting KC. We'll see how the midfield and back-line perform once we face better competition.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Also might want to point out that single entity means no MLS team has an owner in the sense the term is understood. That would sorta complicate things no?
If there's a will, there's a way.

Think about it. Canadian teams are a drag to US tv ratings and getting rid of 3 means, 3 more slots available for that expansion dolla.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If there's a will, there's a way.

Think about it. Canadian teams are a drag to US tv ratings and getting rid of 3 means, 3 more slots available for that expansion dolla.
Yeah and it also cuts out a huge fan base and basically an entire country because they’ll become focused on their league.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't know the numbers, but I imagine TFC does pretty good in terms of revenue. MLSE is no slouch when it comes to investment.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Back to what it used to be. Hoping for another cold night @BMO field to end the year :p
giphy.gif

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
gonna be hilarious to see how the lafc fans who are also clippers fans react to them playing in inglewood

since their club's foundation is built on giving the galaxy shit for playing in carson. i guess they'll have to refer to them as the inglewood clippers?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
gonna be hilarious to see how the lafc fans who are also clippers fans react to them playing in inglewood

since their club's foundation is built on giving the galaxy shit for playing in carson. i guess they'll have to refer to them as the inglewood clippers?
I don’t think any of us really care about this.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I mean it doesn’t matter to me about the Clippers (obviously you know I’m a Clippers fan). I just don’t understand the point of coming here to say this.
uhhhh because lafc fans love giving galaxy fans endless shit about how their team "isn't a real LA team because they play in carson."

so it's gonna be hilarious when not one, but two LA teams are playing in inglewood soon

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad