MLS Thread: 2019 Edition

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Atlanta’s season is done after the first game. Torn ACL for Josef Martinez. Unless Barco and Pity go on a crazy streak and both have Carlos Vela last season level seasons then I doubt they make the playoffs.

You overrate the East. It will hurt, but still take ATL over all but 3/4 teams in the East. Barco’s chance to become the player a certain poster wants him to be.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You overrate the East. It will hurt, but still take ATL over all but 3/4 teams in the East. Barco’s chance to become the player a certain poster wants him to be.
I got Toronto, Philly, Miami, Columbus, and NYCFC over them pretty easily if they don’t have Martinez. Then you add in the likes of NE and DC who will always be a pain.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Atlanta’s season is done after the first game. Torn ACL for Josef Martinez. Unless Barco and Pity go on a crazy streak and both have Carlos Vela last season level seasons then I doubt they make the playoffs.
Brutal news. For Atlanta, and the league as well.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
“You couldn’t be free,” he said. “It was super frustrating. … You feel like you want to literally take your boots off and just walk off the field.”
While Ibrahimovic had his share of run-ins with opponents — just ask NYCFC goalkeeper Sean Johnson, Real Salt Lake defender Nedum Onuocha and LAFC’s Mohamed El-Munir — Lletget said it was more difficult being on the same team.
“It’s tough to play against him and tougher to play with him,” said Lletget, who declined to say who he voted for for Landon Donovan MVP, but noted that he didn't vote for a teammate.

LA Galaxy post-Zlatan Ibrahimovic? Sebastian Lletget: "There’s definitely a better feel around the place"

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Its not all that surprising. There were times where someone would make a play and he'd literally fall to the floor basically throwing a tantrum. I can imagine its tough being a teammate of his where he can literally do incredible things on the pitch and he helps you win, but a the same time that ego can be a little grating. I've said it before where I don't the Galaxy are better off without him, but they may become a better team without him. Its similar to when Robbie Keane was here where he would let you know when you messed up, but I feel like he worked better with others than Zlatan where he felt like he had to do it all (and to be fair to him he did have to do it all).

So I will thank Zlatan for the glorious memories, but it was time to move on.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This one is on Henry making the team only defend, rarely works in MLS.
He doesn’t really have the pieces to do anything else though.

Also Miami is a team that will play really pretty football and still lose because of a lack of finish. Pizarro looks dazzling but not great, Figal actually looks really really good, Morgan is interesting.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
We're gonna win the whole thing by taking the lead in extra time every game.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Ain't going to lie I'm pretty pissed with the Galaxy the first 2 games. They're still playing like Ibra is still out there and just launching crosses into the box. And this season, instead of forcing it to Ibra all the time they are now forcing it into Pavon all the time and hoping he'll dribble past everyone and then score.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
holy crap LAG has looked awful so far. hopefully chicharito (who i think is very overrated) and pavon are able to develop some sort of chemistry

katai and klejstan have been absolute shit

i'm laughing at the thought of them not having zlatan the last few years

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Toronto attracts one of the best crowds and has real grass. Compare to many US teams playing in front of empty stadiums or on turf in crap stadiums and the joke of all an illegal field in a baseball stadium...

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I hate Toronto so much. Looking forward to seeing them thrown out of MLS in favor of more US teams.
I mean I’m not the biggest fan of Toronto but I also don’t think they will ever be thrown out of the league. This is the equivalent of throwing the Raptors out of the NBA.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015

What is going on with NYRB??? Probably 3000 for New England. 10k for Dallas, 8k for San Jose and Colorado a lot of empty seats in DC as well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad