Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team - Revs clinch playoff spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'm hearing that depending on the walk-up crowd, the Revs may have to open the upper deck at Gillette Stadium for tonight's game against LAFC.

Why would so many people go watch a team that is the equivalent of minor league baseball? :sarcasm: (if you saw my exchange in the 5th sports team thread, this'll make sense)

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
The Revs' unbeaten streak is snapped at 11 games following a 2-0 loss at home to league-leading LAFC.

Revs had their chances, but the finishing and final passes were sorely lacking. Also didn't help that they went down to 10 men for the last 10 minutes of the match when Antonio Delamea limped off with a leg injury after the team had already made all three of their substitutes.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I actually watched the majority of tonight’s game and for the first time ever watching the Revs i was not only entertained, but excited about the result.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I actually watched the majority of tonight’s game and for the first time ever watching the Revs i was not only entertained, but excited about the result.
Team is night and day compared to where they were a few months ago.

Even if they weren't getting results, the style of play is MUCH more entertaining than it was under Friedel.

But yeah... the Revs are fun to watch again.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Amazing what good coaching does for a struggling franchise

Imagine if the owner reached into his pocket and gave the team an exciting established signing for the first time in history or at least since the inaugural season. The Razor would probably be full for warm weather games. Arena has moved around enough we should have him for the next decade this offseason would be a good time to finally do it. Maybe David Silva when he leaves Man City next spring?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Imagine if the owner reached into his pocket and gave the team an exciting established signing for the first time in history or at least since the inaugural season. The Razor would probably be full for warm weather games. Arena has moved around enough we should have him for the next decade this offseason would be a good time to finally do it. Maybe David Silva when he leaves Man City next spring?
I was thinking after last nights stunning last minute victory they are 1 high level defender away from a very deep run,they have a very good keeper,stacked at striker and forwards
Strong #10 but I'm usually left wanting about our back 4,they've had some strong games but aren't consistent enough yet
But I'd take Silva as a consolation prize

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Team is night and day compared to where they were a few months ago.

Even if they weren't getting results, the style of play is MUCH more entertaining than it was under Friedel.

But yeah... the Revs are fun to watch again.

There’s a certain passion right now. When it was 1-1 you could still hear it from the broadcast, the fans, and there was urgency on the field. That’s new to me. Before when i would watch even if they were leading it just had the feeling they were gonna blow it.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Brad Feldman is such a bad announcer.

I’ve been really getting back into soccer this summer (the sheer amount of soccer matches from the around the world available on cable TV is pretty staggering) and thus have started catch some Revs games. Without trying to be a snob, I will say that I do think that announcers in the UK in general call the games much better, but Feldman is about as bland and amateur as it gets when it comes to PBP.

Anyone else share these thoughts?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Brad Feldman is such a bad announcer.

I’ve been really getting back into soccer this summer (the sheer amount of soccer matches from the around the world available on cable TV is pretty staggering) and thus have started catch some Revs games. Without trying to be a snob, I will say that I do think that announcers in the UK in general call the games much better, but Feldman is about as bland and amateur as it gets when it comes to PBP.

Anyone else share these thoughts?
Agree but baby steps, just got a legit coach need legit stadium then we can change the announcer

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Agree but baby steps, just got a legit coach need legit stadium then we can change the announcer

Would love a soccer specific stadium for the Revs. I really want to get into them. I’ll be all in when the NFL regular season starts, but I can say soccer has comfortably taken (a distant) second to hockey in terms of preferred sports.

Is a soccer specific stadium for NE at all realistic in the somewhat near future from what you know? I know that’s a really basic question, but like I said, just trying to get into this team so I’ve got lots to learn.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Would love a soccer specific stadium for the Revs. I really want to get into them. I’ll be all in when the NFL regular season starts, but I can say soccer has comfortably taken (a distant) second to hockey in terms of preferred sports.

Is a soccer specific stadium for NE at all realistic in the somewhat near future from what you know? I know that’s a really basic question, but like I said, just trying to get into this team so I’ve got lots to learn.

Someone has to give Kraft the real estate in downtown Boston. He'd be thrilled to build a second Patriots Place if the land was there IMO.

I think hes happy with spending nothing and getting some foot traffic at Pats Place and with his recent coaching hire. No reason for him to ever sell (or spend money on the team.)

In fairness the team has never played anywhere else and I think a new place more central would probably be a lot harder to get to than Foxboro for the poeple who currently attend.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Is a soccer specific stadium for NE at all realistic in the somewhat near future from what you know?
At one point, it was close enough that that there were actually renderings of a potential stadium.

NERevolution_dorchester2.jpg

E2GTAWUMCQI6RKWYE5GLJCSFBQ.jpg

That would have been built at the site of the old Bayside Expo Center, but the deal feel apart over some land that was owned by the Boston Teachers Union.

If you believe the Krafts, they have everything in place but can't find a suitable site. They've seriously looked at sites in Roxbury, Cambridge, Somerville, and Dorchester. Nothing's worked out.

The problem is that there's no pressing need to leave Gillette Stadium. They'd like to, but they're doing OK there at the moment. So, any deal with a city has to make financial sense for a team that isn't losing money. And to make that sort of deal, a municipality is likely going to have to take on a significant amount of risk - probably more risk than a lot of cities are comfortable with.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Random thought...previous Revs GM put some good talent together but made a disastrous coaching hire in Friedel. I believe the story is that Burns and Friedel were friends going back to the national team days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->