Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team II - New York City wins the MLS Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
If you've been an American soccer fan for as long as I have, every time I come across something like this, I just shake my head in disbelief...

Amazing to see what guys like Pulisic and McKinnie and Dest and Reyna and Sargent are doing at a high level. This next generation of American soccer talent could be truly special.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Umm.... HELLO!!!

Can't say I saw that coming... like... at all.

whenever i stumbled across Revs games on TV this was the only guy that really stood out to me

edit. I lied. The high school kid was fun to watch too. Turns out he’s a whopping 25 now and still on the team.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
If you've been an American soccer fan for as long as I have, every time I come across something like this, I just shake my head in disbelief...

Amazing to see what guys like Pulisic and McKinnie and Dest and Reyna and Sargent are doing at a high level. This next generation of American soccer talent could be truly special.

It has the chance to be. Then again, that is what people said about England's 2001-10 generation and Portugal's 2001-06 generation. Both of them underachieved.

Reactions: Gator Mike

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
whenever i stumbled across Revs games on TV this was the only guy that really stood out to me

edit. I lied. The high school kid was fun to watch too. Turns out he’s a whopping 25 now and still on the team.

It's crazy that Fagundez has stuck with the team so long.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Not much going on here, just the manager of Barcelona singling out a 19-year old Haitian-American who was born in Miami and represents the US internationally as being really impressive during the club's pre-season matches.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
So, uh... Bundesliga opener not going so well for the Schalke 04 team that said they were going to cut costs and sell off players over the summer.

I mean, Bayern Munich makes a lot of teams look bad, but from this point on, I think I'm going to call them Schalke 0-8.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
So, uh... Bundesliga opener not going so well for the Schalke 04 team that said they were going to cut costs and sell off players over the summer.

I mean, Bayern Munich makes a lot of teams look bad, but from this point on, I think I'm going to call them Schalke 0-8.

COVID hit a lot of teams hard in the checkbook. Schalke is no different and sadly it has resulted in once again in them selling players. They had to move on from American midfield talent Weston McKinnie, although they picked up Vedad Ibisevic and Goncalo Paicencia. Still, McKinnie was the heart of that midfield and that is going to hurt.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
COVID hit a lot of teams hard in the checkbook. Schalke is no different and sadly it has resulted in once again in them selling players. They had to move on from American midfield talent Weston McKinnie, although they picked up Vedad Ibisevic and Goncalo Paicencia. Still, McKinnie was the heart of that midfield and that is going to hurt.

That team has fallen like a rock quickly. Dortmund on the other hand have maybe more elite young talent than any team in Europe. Don’t see that rivalry being close for a while

Reactions: Gator Mike

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Transfer tug-of-war between Bayern Munich and Barcelona over a 20-year old American right back.

Also, the Revs play Montreal at 5:00 PM this afternoon because... well... I'm sure there's a very good reason.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
An unusual day in the Prem:

Manchester United 1, Tottenham 6

Tottenham's Erik Lamela guilty of blatant Plekanecing in the first half, causing Anthony Martial to be ejected and setting United on course for a disastrous afternoon at Old Trafford.

Aston Villa 7, Liverpool 2

This could easily have been 8 or 9.

Van Dijk calls for calm after Liverpool thrashed by Aston Villa | Goal.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->