Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team II - New York City wins the MLS Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Confirmed: Matt Turner is still good!
Not just good. The best.

turnerbestgoalkeeper.jpeg

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Wow what a win by these guys. Incredible effort and it all came down to heart, grit and balls. Really cool for this group of players and hilarious for Mexico. It’s awesome to beat them any time but like this? Incredible. They’re gonna have a new coach for WC qualifying :laugh:

I think we see Turner, Robinson, Busio and Hoppe from this team make the final World Cup roster. Really interested to see how Robinson continues to develop because as of right now CB2 is one position that is wide open for the taking. I think that battle comes down to four different guys and how they develop this year. Maybe there’s time for Robinson to scoot over to Europe?

Anyway it’s really nice to see this organization begin turn things around. They’re finally starting to build some positional depth which is great to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Mike

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Not quite on the level of Leo Messi leaving Barca, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of announcements similar to this for a few Revs players in the upcoming weeks.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Not quite on the level of Leo Messi leaving Barca, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of announcements similar to this for a few Revs players in the upcoming weeks.

Wow. I don't want to lose players...

As a Belgian woman, he'd love it there. But man. I LOVE Tajon.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Yeah, the Revs can't really keep him past this season, though.

This is about as good as the Revs can hope for. Make a profit, and keep him for the rest of the season. Replace him over the winter.

I feel like this is just the beginning. The Revs have many players that teams are gonna be calling for. Turner for one as well. It sucks.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I feel like this is just the beginning. The Revs have many players that teams are gonna be calling for. Turner for one as well. It sucks.
Probably right.

Gustavo Bou's contract is up at the end of the year. Matt Turner's probably headed to Europe at some point. The Revs had offers for Adam Buksa last winter, and he's been much better this year. Even DeJuan Jones has been linked to teams in Germany.

Really good chance the 2022 Revs look vastly different than the 2021 Revs.

Reactions: Mione134

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Revs remain red hot, beating Toronto FC 2-1 on Saturday Night at BMO Field.

It's now the middle of August, the season is more than half over, and the Revs are on pace to break the MLS record for points earned in a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad