Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team II - New York City wins the MLS Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I don’t care what anyone says, I love this Super League. Imagine one week Man U plays Madrid. Then the following week Barcelona and then Milan after that. I only watch a handful of matches a year, but you can bet your ass I’m going to watch as much of the Super League as possible. Sounds a hell of a lot more entertaining than Man U vs Blackpool, Queens Park, or other basement dwellers.

I’m a casual soccer fan and this is a great way to attract more casuals and potentially turn them into hardcore fans. Can’t wait for this thing to get going.

Booooo!

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
ajax-request.php

Reactions: EvilDead

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Thousands of Arsenal fans gather outside the Emirates Stadium in London to protest American owner Stan Kroenke, and his involvement in the Super League.

The bad feelings towards the people who put the Super League together are not going to go away quickly.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
So I totally get why most fans of the other 14 EPL teams or fans of lower division teams hated the Super League idea, as it would kill English football. But I don't get why the fans of the big six are so furious, if the league was successfully pulled off, it would be great for those franchises.

Reactions: NextBigThing

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
So I totally get why most fans of the other 14 EPL teams or fans of lower division teams hated the Super League idea, as it would kill English football. But I don't get why the fans of the big six are so furious, if the league was successfully pulled off, it would be great for those franchises.

Because they see it as against tradition. The sport over there is a very working-class game and they see it as more important to learn it rather than just have it handed to you.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Gee, I wonder why some of the richest teams in Europe suddenly decided that they didn't have a big enough piece of the pie?

No sympathy. Clubs not in the top tier in their respective countries are barely scraping by, usually without a big fat TV contract. When many of these clubs have had financial trouble in the past, the big clubs said they need to be smarter with their money.\

Now the shoe's on the other foot.

Reactions: Gator Mike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad