Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team - Revs clinch playoff spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The only way the Revs would ever play home games at Fenway is if FSG bought the team, and I don't see any indication that either FSG wants to buy the Revs, or that the Krafts want to sell them.

The more immediate concern for this Revs fan is why the Krafts have slashed their payroll this season.
I always find it amusing when ever so often the Krafts pretend to be in on a site for a new stadium

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Revs average attendance has gone down from 20K in 2016 to 19K in 2017 and 18K this season (would be under 17K if they were honest about Ibrahimovic not playing in the Galaxy game). At least people are finally seeing the light and speaking with their wallets.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
To be honest, a lost of the attendance issues this year are weather-related.

Besides, they always see a spike in attendance late in the season because they sell so many flex packages and the people who buy them rush to use them before the season is over.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
To be honest, a lost of the attendance issues this year are weather-related.

Keep telling yourself that, Mr. Kraft. :)

Besides, they always see a spike in attendance late in the season because they sell so many flex packages and the people who buy them rush to use them before the season is over.

In the past, yes. But this year, they had a REALLY front-loaded home schedule. As a result, after tomorrow (when we're expecting biblical thunderstorms), they only have 4 home games left. Unless they draw over 30K each game (which isn't happening), it's not going to be enough to move the needle.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Kraft makes a steady profit off the Revs and clearly doesn't care beyond that.

If the US made the WC, they might've gotten an attendance bump from American players coming to Foxboro, but oh well.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
The only way the Revs would ever play home games at Fenway is if FSG bought the team, and I don't see any indication that either FSG wants to buy the Revs, or that the Krafts want to sell them.

The more immediate concern for this Revs fan is why the Krafts have slashed their payroll this season.

I would love it if the Revs scheduled an occasional match, perhaps a Cup game, at Nickerson Field, though the surface isn't exactly the same. I doubt they will ever leave Foxborough, since they are a reasonable date filler for the stadium and for Patriot Place.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Keep telling yourself that, Mr. Kraft. :)
LOL. It's just a theory. There were a couple of matches early in the year that I wanted to bring my daughters to, but the weather just didn't cooperate.

In the past, yes. But this year, they had a REALLY front-loaded home schedule. As a result, after tomorrow (when we're expecting biblical thunderstorms), they only have 4 home games left. Unless they draw over 30K each game (which isn't happening), it's not going to be enough to move the needle.
The fact that the schedule was so front-loaded and the weather so poor to start the year actually makes it more likely in my mind that the last four home games will draw very well.

Again, the bigger concern for me is the product on the field right now. They've cut their payroll by probably 25% compared to last season. They're trading away players for allocation money, and then they're not spending the allocation money. Claude Dielna's the only Designated Player on the roster, and he barely qualifies.

If they don't win tonight in horrid conditions, I don't see how they stay in the playoff race.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Someone should tell Kraft it's not 1996 ,The clout he once had is long gone
Even more scary for Patriots fans is his kid can't even run the Revs right,ugly!

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
4720274-0-image-m-16_1538557004387.jpg

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Over the past few days...

• The Revs were eliminated from playoff contention.
  • They played one of their best games in the season in a 2-0 win over Orlando City.
  • Most significantly, they broke ground on a new $35 million training facility in Foxboro that will host both the First Team and the Revolution Academy. The Krafts referred to it as "Phase One" of the new facility, that may eventually include a residency program for promising young players from around the region.
Facility_Exterior-Front-View_web.jpg

Field%20View.jpg

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Leciester City's owner's helicopter crashed after their game today. Pictures look bad, lots of fire and devastation. Police haven't confirmed who was on board, but it seems to be known that the owner takes the helicopter to and from games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad