MLS and Mexican teams in Copa Libertadores da América.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
MX clubs in the Libertadores is cool, never had a problem with it. MLS clubs will be weird, though.

I guess it would be nice to see the likes of Ibra coming over here.

edit: will never forget this match against Tigres, Rogerio Ceni scored twice and missed a penalty

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
MLS has to change their qualification process, if they do this. If they send the clubs that traditionally get into CONCACAF Champions League, a couple of teams will get destroyed.

I think Atlanta, New York RB and Seattle could compete on a yearly basis. The other teams would depend on if they are in a good year or bad year. Due to the MLS salary cap, there are such big fluctuations from year to year for some teams. Toronto wins MLS Cup last year, and can't even make the playoffs this year. Portland did the same thing a couple years back.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
MLS has to change their qualification process, if they do this. If they send the clubs that traditionally get into CONCACAF Champions League, a couple of teams will get destroyed.

I think Atlanta, New York RB and Seattle could compete on a yearly basis. The other teams would depend on if they are in a good year or bad year. Due to the MLS salary cap, there are such big fluctuations from year to year for some teams. Toronto wins MLS Cup last year, and can't even make the playoffs this year. Portland did the same thing a couple years back.
One team that I would think would be able to succeed is Columbus as long as they keep Berhalter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad