MLS 2021, 22

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
why exactly did amaya want out of cincy?

guessing it wasn't so that he could be closer to home, considering he's in NY now

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The best teams today would beat the best teams of a decade ago
Really? Columbus of last year would beat the Galaxy of Robbie Keane?

There's a lot of very average teams also you should watch some Whitecaps games.

As an Impact fan the last season was absolutely terrible to watch.

It really depends which teams you watch.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Yeah those Galaxy teams were really freaking good. I think the TFC and Sounders team could've given us a run for our money, but I still think any of those Galaxy teams win.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah those Galaxy teams were really freaking good. I think the TFC and Sounders team could've given us a run for our money, but I still think any of those Galaxy teams win.
The Sounders the last few years were fantastic. Same with Columbus last season. I think either of those teams are a coin flip with the old Galaxy teams and it depends on form and injuries.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Really? Columbus of last year would beat the Galaxy of Robbie Keane?

There's a lot of very average teams also you should watch some Whitecaps games.

As an Impact fan the last season was absolutely terrible to watch.

It really depends which teams you watch.

I think if you pitted the top 4 clubs from 2011 and the top 4 of 2021, the 2021 group would win more than not.

There were obviously some good teams back then but I think the league is stronger overall today and there’s a stronger group at the top

Reactions: robertmac43

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I think if you pitted the top 4 clubs from 2011 and the top 4 of 2021, the 2021 group would win more than not.

There were obviously some good teams back then but I think the league is stronger overall today and there’s a stronger group at the top
I would agree with a stronger group at the top but 27 teams is way too much and there's some really bad teams and games.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
MLS’ level of play has been at a level where adding teams doesn’t dilute the field and the added revenue to the single-entity structure raises the level over time through salary cap increases.

In a decade, the minimum salary will be near $150,000. That’s inching toward a pay scale similar to EFL League One and some Championship clubs. Even then, expansion would likely not present significant dilution issues considering how many players in the world there are who compete to that level.

Reactions: robertmac43

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
MLS talent in 2021 is far better than it was a decade ago

but those '11, '12, and '14 LAG teams were just stacked with talent. wish we could see how a match would go between one of those teams and the last couple MLS cup champs

Reactions: kingsboy11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad