MLS 2021, 22

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well, this has been a tough first watch for TFC. Very stagnant with the ball, Bradley has been the most progressive player which an issue. Singh has had a nightmare game signing his first-team contract; just does not look ready for senior MLS football at this point.

The Auro PK was a joke, thankfully Delgado got to retake and scored.... Just a dreadful opener, against MTL too... Yikes.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Montreal with a better game than all of last year combined.

Bradley is and always was massively overrated when not playing with top guys around him. The sleeping on the 3rd goal was something to see.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bradley is and always was massively overrated when not playing with top guys around him. The sleeping on the 3rd goal was something to see.
Outside that third goal though Bradley was fine. Who played more progressively in that midfield or anywhere on the pitch really? He had some brilliant balls and movement.

Such an anti-Bradley narrative right now, and a lot of the discourse seems to be based on him 'always being overrated'.....

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Loving Austin FC being so committed to playing it out the back. Been a fun side to watch through the 55 minutes.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Tajon Buchanon looked really good today.

Also Chicago looked like Barca on their goals, great passing moves.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Jeez the quality of goals this weekend is something else. Leal goal reminds me of Hassli's goal from 2011

20210417_211228.jpg

Here's the celebration from my vantage point in 101.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Outside that third goal though Bradley was fine. Who played more progressively in that midfield or anywhere on the pitch really? He had some brilliant balls and movement.

Such an anti-Bradley narrative right now, and a lot of the discourse seems to be based on him 'always being overrated'.....
It's not right now, I've always found him way overrated and have said it for years, every time he isn't with guys like Giovinco-Pozuelo-Vazquez around him you see his real value, he's a 3rd line center in hockey paid 1st or 2nd line money that's how I would put it.

You saw it many times with USA as well.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Pretty quality opening weekend so far for MLS. Some fun games, lots of quality goals, and overall solid play. Hopefully more of the same today. Looking forward to the Galaxy/Miami game in particular.

You gotta think Don Garber will have someone whacked for that LAFC/Vela debacle. Mistakenly subbing off the best player in the league 22 min into the opening game on the big FOX network? Yikes.

Specific to my club, I liked some things I saw from RBNY. The press, once it's cohesive and all the new faces settle in, should help them rack up points against much of the league. SKC is a top third team, but against average/below average MLS teams, this style should work. They have a ton of good players, nothing great. Really only Clark is capable of true moments of brilliance and he is still raw/unproven as a playmaker. They desperately need Klimala to come in and work out.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Not sure higuain was onside on that goal

Galaxy look like they're headed for a wooden spoon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->