MLD players picked in ATD

Diving Pokecheck*

7 former Phoenix Roadrunners have been selected in the All-Time Draft.

Goaltender
Gerry Mcneil 21/661 Buffalo Bisons

Defensemen
Gary Galley 21/ 664 Ottawa Silver 7
Hy Buller 22/ 673 Montreal Wanderers
Bruce Driver 24/ 738 Brooklyn Yawning Otters

Forwards
Metro Prystai 14/ 430 Regina Pats
Sergei Brylin 20/ 635 Philadelphia Flyers
Henrik Zetterberg 22/ 675 Trail Smoke Eaters

How many of your minor leaguers graduated to the big league?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
MLD#8 semi-finalist McGill Redmen in ATD#9 include team MVP Dubbie Bowie, his wingman Blair Russel, and other wing on this team Ven Alexandrov, scoring line right wing Real Cloutier, third liner Johnny Wilson and Paul MacLean, alternate captain Red Sullivan, coach Tikhonov, third pairing Fredrik Olausson, second pair Pervukhin-Bilyaletdinov, and extra d-man Alex Smith.

MLD#7 championship team Penticton Vees in ATD#9 include coach Billy Reay, captain Pit Martin, alternate captain Rod Seiling and his Vees blueline partner Doug Bodger, first line wingers Camille Henry and Alex Kovalev, third line wingers Pierre Mondou and Stu Barnes, fourth line centre Gregg Sheppard.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
George Hay
Bill Goldsworthy
Johnny Peirson

Doug Barkley
Don Awrey
Doug Crossman
Gordie Roberts

Mike Babcock

Surprised at most of them, figured pappy was going to take Barkley and someone would pick Awrey and Babcock (myself). I thought Erixon and Koivu had the best chances of being taken after them, and maybe a shrewd GM in Maurice Richard's division would take Lund.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
Considering the makeup of my MLD#8 team, 11 never before drafted players, and 3 that hadn't been taken in ATD/MLD#7, it is a little surprising that 5 of my guys got taken, Barney Stanley, John Sorrell, Bob Davidson, Mattias Ohlund, and Evgeni Nabokov.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Datsuyk
Gracie
Dalhstrom

Gord Roberts
Murray Murdoch

Eddie Oatman
Harry Hyland
Bill Ezinicki

Brad Maxwell
McNamara...?!?!

Either way, that makes at least nine. Wasn't surprised at all for Eznicki and Dalhstrom, they should have never went in the MLD to begin with. Team MVP Gord Roberts wasn't a surprise either with 32 teams. It was sorta expected for Brad Maxwell and Murray Murdoch (with 32 teams),, but it could have gone either way. I wanted Hyland from the start of the draft (Hey, he's from Quebec!). Datsyuk was a matter of time. I never saw both Oatman and Gracie coming.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
From ATD#8: Paddy Moran, Hobey Baker, Battleship Leduc, Rick Kehoe, Anders Kallur, and Louis Berlinquette. Not surprised that more players weren't taken, as I thought our top-6 forwards were pretty strong scorers but they don't bring enough of anything else to really be justified in the ATD. We thought about taking Mayorov to reunite with Starshinov, but Balderis was far too talented to pass up.

Interestingly, from ATD#7, I had Gordie Roberts, Art Chapman, George Hay, Jack Adams, Dick Irvin, Frank Finnigan, Gilles Marotte, Bucko McDonald, and Battleship Leduc on my team but our team didn't do nearly as well as they did last time around.

Looking back at ATD#6, interestingly both Marty Barry and Eddie Gerard were taken in the MLD (so after pick 480) and were taken in the top-200 this time around (justifiably so).

Diving Pokecheck*

I was very surprised by the pick of Brylin in the ATD.
He is simply not all-time material.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
My MLD team had the following players picked:

Pierre Larouche
Alexei Kovalev
Keith Acton
Roman Hamrlik (my #7 D, but none of my top-6 were taken)

My AAA team had one player taken:

Sylvain Lefebvre

And one guy I dug up for the "top 1000" thread was also taken:

Tom Paton

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Members of the Moose Jaw Millers selected:

Entire top line of Balon-Horvath-Balfour. (I knew Balfour and Balon would be picked this draft).
Second line RW Milan Hejduk
Third line wingers Getliffe and Buchberger
Fourth line winger Tony Granato

Defencemen Owen, Samuelsson and Chiasson

Goaltender Sean Burke

Coach Don Cherry

Half my team from the last MLD has been selected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad