MLD 2011 - Sign-Up Thread

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
(aforementioned friend)

I'll give this a shot.

I'll go with the Saskatoon Quakers.

19th+St.+Arena+night+shot.+Close-up+of+entrance+with+%60Home+of+the+Saskatoon+12+Dec+1954.jpg

Hey man! Nice team name. I had forgotten what your hf name was.

I checked out some recent posts of yours... you're pretty smart. and snarky. I like it!

I never knew it was you when you commented on my "Yashin/Nilsson/Janney..." thread.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Right now, I'm out, but that may change once a starting date is actually set and approaches.

no reply from the two noobs yet, but assuming they reply in the affirmative, we could get this going immediately*. If we do, are you game?

*And if they don't reply we can spend the first couple of rounds with them on the draft board and cut them out if they go AWOL, no big deal, and either way we have an even number.*

*unless, that is, just one of them goes AWOL :laugh:

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
Unfortunately, I am gonna have to leave this one. At the moment, I have three 5 point infractions* which resulted in inability to use PM system, start threads, edit posts etc. **

*because apparently, saying that Jagr is an idiot/tool etc. is fine, but saying someone is an idiot for calling Jagr idiot is not. I would think it should be the other way around, but what can I do.

** infractions expire in a month, and I suppose it's quite late since MLD should be well underway by then

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Unfortunately, I am gonna have to leave this one. At the moment, I have three 5 point infractions* which resulted in inability to use PM system, start threads, edit posts etc. **

*because apparently, saying that Jagr is an idiot/tool etc. is fine, but saying someone is an idiot for calling Jagr idiot is not. I would think it should be the other way around, but what can I do.

** infractions expire in a month, and I suppose it's quite late since MLD should be well underway by then

which of these functionalities prevent you from being a functional MLD GM?

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I haven't heard back from SuperSwede (DaftyDangles). He's probably out.

Reds is saying he's out but I tried to save him by offering him jkrx as a co-GM. We'll see where that goes.

Still waiting for Dreak to confirm his status for sure.

If dreak and dafty are out, that's an even 12.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Too late now guys, I vote to start in September. Maybe more interest will surface before then.

Meh, I think we go with 12, this has been posted for a few weeks now, can't see more interest by September than there is now. Put it to a vote if you will, the majority will decide when to start this.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
The last MLD had 16 teams and it took 11 weeks to complete (first draft pick to winner being announced) despite the playoffs - the finals, really - going rather slowly. It was actually just 10 weeks before the voting period in the finals ended, and 8 weeks before the finals opened. So the draft really took 8 weeks. optimistically, a 12-13-team draft should get completed in 6 weeks, which, if this started tomorrow, would be August 16th.

VR, is that too late for you? it's not too late for me. Even if it does cut into my UK trip, I'll still be able to participate/manage the last few rounds of the playoffs in a worst case scenario.

On the other hand, majority rules and if people want to wait, we can wait. I don't think there is a loud clamoring for that, though.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
The last MLD had 16 teams and it took 11 weeks to complete (first draft pick to winner being announced) despite the playoffs - the finals, really - going rather slowly. It was actually just 10 weeks before the voting period in the finals ended, and 8 weeks before the finals opened. So the draft really took 8 weeks. optimistically, a 12-13-team draft should get completed in 6 weeks, which, if this started tomorrow, would be August 16th.

VR, is that too late for you? it's not too late for me. Even if it does cut into my UK trip, I'll still be able to participate/manage the last few rounds of the playoffs in a worst case scenario.

On the other hand, majority rules and if people want to wait, we can wait. I don't think there is a loud clamoring for that, though.

Well, I have to write an exam on the 10th of August, and I'll most likely be taking vacation afterwards. Aside from studying and working 25 hours a week, I'll be able to participate. I'm down if you guys are, and if my comrade is OK with it, he can take full reins of the team while I am absent (or maybe I'll have more computer access than I anticipate)

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
I was working 40-60+ hours a week and doing 10-15 hours a week on my CA program all last years ATD, MLD, and AAA drafts. It caught up to me a couple times but I was able to fully participate for the most part. Helped a lot having a co-gm for the latter two. I even found a bit of time for a social life.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
If anyone is worried about missing a week or whatever due to a trip, that's what I'm here for. If seventies and the rest of you are cool with it, just consider me someone to send a list to.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
If anyone is worried about missing a week or whatever due to a trip, that's what I'm here for. If seventies and the rest of you are cool with it, just consider me someone to send a list to.
Yeah same here. I just don't have the time for researching my own team..but I certainly can provide some assistance.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
Well, I have to write an exam on the 10th of August, and I'll most likely be taking vacation afterwards. Aside from studying and working 25 hours a week, I'll be able to participate. I'm down if you guys are, and if my comrade is OK with it, he can take full reins of the team while I am absent (or maybe I'll have more computer access than I anticipate)

Should be fine with me

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
So, I guess we start this late this week or early next week. Theoretically we should have this done by early September and do the AAA draft in October. 12 teams or 14 teams it shouldn't matter, let's get this going.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I haven't heard back from SuperSwede (DaftyDangles). He's probably out.

Reds is saying he's out but I tried to save him by offering him jkrx as a co-GM. We'll see where that goes.

Still waiting for Dreak to confirm his status for sure.

If dreak and dafty are out, that's an even 12.

- still haven't heard from Dafty... pretty sure he's gonzo.

- jkrx was open to a partnership with reds. Reds never replied. I could just call that a team and expect it to work...

- Dreak, what have you decided??

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Actually, I got a couple of PMs a few days ago that I never received any email or popup notification for.

SuperSwede is most likely out. He expressed concerns about keeping up with a "1000 player draft". I clarified where the 1000 comes from and what his requirements would be, but I'm guessing he's out anyway.

Reds did in fact reply and he is cool with teaming up with jkrx.

so I just need dreakmur to confirm his intentions, and a final answer from SS and we can be up and running immediately.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Don't now if you need another GM at this point or a replacement... or if I'm just complicating matters by throwing my hat in the ring. Anyway, I'd be interested in participating, if needed. Longtime observer of the ATD and would learn more through getting involved, I think.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I'm going to sit this one out. With Selfish Man, you've got 12 teams anyway.

I'll be willing to assist somebody, or I might just make bios for some of the picks I like.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Actually, I got a couple of PMs a few days ago that I never received any email or popup notification for.

SuperSwede is most likely out. He expressed concerns about keeping up with a "1000 player draft". I clarified where the 1000 comes from and what his requirements would be, but I'm guessing he's out anyway.

Reds did in fact reply and he is cool with teaming up with jkrx.

so I just need dreakmur to confirm his intentions, and a final answer from SS and we can be up and running immediately.

Don't now if you need another GM at this point or a replacement... or if I'm just complicating matters by throwing my hat in the ring. Anyway, I'd be interested in participating, if needed. Longtime observer of the ATD and would learn more through getting involved, I think.

Let's start this! Seventies you should do an order randomizer ASAP, and we can begin as early as tomorrow. Two conferences of 6 with one division seems to be logical, so 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 in one and 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 in the other. Sir Allan Montagu and Mickey Ion as the honorary division names.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->