MLB Training Camp 2.0 discussion thread

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Could have been avoided had they just suspended the Astros players. There was zero penalty for any of the Astros players.
I'm not disagreeing with that at all, however turning this entire season into a bean ball fest is not the answer either & if I am an Astros player that heaven forbid is seriously injured because MLB just turned a blind eye to consistent beaning I'd be lawyering up & suing MLB for as much as humanly possible.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
MLB could have put its foot down first by giving out a real punishment to the Asterisks.

Exactly. Astros are gonna get punished one way or another and they deserve to be. Players are doing it the only way they are able to since the league didn't do dick.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Plus how would you decide which 5000 people get to go to which games, a lottery?

Money. $1,000 a ticket? Not out of the question.

They could permit only luxury suites and single-group occupancy of entire sections, at the cost of purchasing the entire section. Supply and demand.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The independent league has had over 37K fans in 3 weeks though 2 teams (Fargo and Chicago) make up over 20K of that but they have averaged over 3300 fans between the two.

It does look kind of odd that an independent league has fans but MLB doesn't. That said I'm sure it's tough to pull off on a bigger scale and I'd rather watch my Phillies with no fans then no Phillies games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad