MLB Training Camp 2.0 discussion thread

Spikey

Feb 12, 2020
One week today until opening day!! I don't expect my Mariners to do much but hopefully they prove me wrong! Go Mariners Go!!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So apparently Domingo German threatened to retire on an IG post because with the season being shortened his suspension is now for the entire regular season.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Arenado hit a HR, going to miss him when Bridich trades him for a box of girl scout cookies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Still don't understand why baseball stadiums are completely closed to fans. They really can't sell a few thousands seats and adequately distance everyone?

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Still don't understand why baseball stadiums are completely closed to fans. They really can't sell a few thousands seats and adequately distance everyone?

I guess the problem is some cities it could work imo, but in others that are hotspots you wouldn't want to try so I guess they figure it's not fair for some to have a few fans while others can't.

One of the Independent leagues, the American Association started up on July 3rd with fans.

Independent league set to start season July 3

attendance numbers,

American Association - attendance

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I think the problem is that even if only 5000 fans are in a 50000 seat stadium, there is still the real potential for several dozens of people to end up close to each other when entering the ballpark, in the hallways (especially at the washroom) and exiting the ballpark after the game. Unless you make masks absolutely mandatory everywhere in the ballpark, which would be difficult to enforce in such big stadiums, there is still outbreak potential even with a few thousand people in there.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
One week today until opening day!! I don't expect my Mariners to do much but hopefully they prove me wrong! Go Mariners Go!!
A hot start like last year could be all a team needs this year. Here’s hoping we do that.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I think the problem is that even if only 5000 fans are in a 50000 seat stadium, there is still the real potential for several dozens of people to end up close to each other when entering the ballpark, in the hallways (especially at the washroom) and exiting the ballpark after the game. Unless you make masks absolutely mandatory everywhere in the ballpark, which would be difficult to enforce in such big stadiums, there is still outbreak potential even with a few thousand people in there.
I don’t think the hassle is worth it for 5000 people. A bunch of extra headaches no one really wants right now.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007

You tell 'em Swagu! :yo:

MLB better get this under control and FAST before someone gets seriously injured & MLB faces a serious lawsuit.

You tell 'em Swagu! :yo:

MLB better get this under control and FAST before someone gets seriously injured & MLB faces a serious lawsuit.

Could have been avoided had they just suspended the Astros players. There was zero penalty for any of the Astros players.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Could have been avoided had they just suspended the Astros players. There was zero penalty for any of the Astros players.

A nice one-year ban (zero salary) would have been perfect - every player and coach on the 2017 team.

Giving Crane a ban too would have been nice. Vincent did it to Steinbrenner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad