MLB Training Camp 2.0 discussion thread

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
A's position players STILL not working out even because this league full of jerk offs couldn't even gather and send off their testing before the holiday weekend. What a f***ing joke. Just pull the plug already. The fact mlb didn't cancel everyone's workouts and instead only those affected is a joke, too.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
i really havent followed this restart, but how is MLB planning on playing in teams home stadiums all over the country? theres a 14 day mandatory quarantine for people coming in from sunbelt states to many states in the north. how do they think they can contain a virus outbreak if they will be doing so much travelling?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
i really havent followed this restart, but how is MLB planning on playing in teams home stadiums all over the country? theres a 14 day mandatory quarantine for people coming in from sunbelt states to many states in the north. how do they think they can contain a virus outbreak if they will be doing so much travelling?

It's believed they got an exemption from the government of NY about this.

Nick Markakis opted out today.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
OK but the Chicago teams are not going to playing anyone from the sunbelt. Just their own division and then the other Central division in the other league. Are any other states implementing this type of quarantine?

Sep 19, 2008
That would be no different even if there were fans. They want you to buy a cable subscription/sports package to watch your in market games.
Yeah I have a cable package. But MASN isn't carried on it. Same with Online TV packages and the Cubs network for people in Chicago I would assume. Sucks.

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
i

These are some of the big moves:

Gerrit Cole signs with Yankees for nine years, $324 million

Dodgers acquire Mookie Betts and David Price from Red Sox for Alex Verdugo and prospects

Angels sign Anthony Rendon to seven-year, $245 million contract

Zack Wheeler signs with Phillies for five years, $118 million

Josh Donaldson signs with Twins for four years, $92 million

Rangers acquire Corey Kluber from the Indians

Hyun-Jin Ryu signs with Blue Jays for four years, $80 million

Madison Bumgarner signs with the Diamondbacks for five years, $85 million

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->