OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Its sounding like Lindor and McNeil had some kind of altercation in the tunnel. Its speculation on part of the broadcast team but there something did happen in the tunnel before that had a bunch of players running to it.
Yeah something definitely went down. Maybe Mets had their DeAngelo-Georgiev moment lol

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
My favorite part of that AB is that no matter what Ron and Gary said, Keith kept just rambling about how nervous this dude is. Just stopped short of saying he’s shitting himself up there.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ahh nice for Mazeika. Feels like I've been following him for a decade. I used to be pretty high on him. Nice moment for the guy.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
No hitter number 4 by Miley. Modern record for no hitters in a season is 7 but the record is 8 back in 1884. We're on pace for around 20.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Lindor is now talking to the press about the rat/raccoon thing.

Lindor is a terrible actor and this is a bizarre coverup story but f*** it, why not lmfao.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lindor is now talking to the press about the rat/raccoon thing.

Lindor is a terrible actor and this is a bizarre coverup story but f*** it, why not lmfao.
Mets Twitter account currently has a poll asking rat or raccoon. I am absolutely fine with this being a thing now. :laugh:

Maybe everyone needed a little fireworks.

Reactions: Bob Richards

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The Lindor interview was so awkward live. The reporters were all like uh ok

I don’t understand why players don’t just say “we are 2 competitive guys who got fired up in the moment” and leave it at it. There’s nothing wrong with that. Instead we have this stupid contrived story that no one buys

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Lindor interview was so awkward live. The reporters were all like uh ok

I don’t understand why players don’t just say “we are 2 competitive guys who got fired up in the moment” and leave it at it. There’s nothing wrong with that. Instead we have this stupid contrived story that no one buys
I think because it's all pretty minor and inconsequential and they're just having fun with it. If they want to keep it in the clubhouse and actually have fun with it, I'm all for it. I don't think they think the fans are stupid--they're just focused on a big win and having a moment of fun (which they need, given how the season has gone to this point).

Reactions: Bob Richards

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
$300+ million dollar smile causing problems in the locker room?

I hated the signing when it happened. Overpaid. Way overpaid.

We could of just signed an above average SS next season and invested the rest of the money elsewhere.

Eh. Maybe this heats the team up.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I think because it's all pretty minor and inconsequential and they're just having fun with it. If they want to keep it in the clubhouse and actually have fun with it, I'm all for it. I don't think they think the fans are stupid--they're just focused on a big win and having a moment of fun (which they need, given how the season has gone to this point).

I’m being an old grump I know but it’s just so stupid. I think my reaction is bc its Lindor and I’m on that guys case big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad