OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
And now the Mets are delayed. Walker, who was f***ing dealing in allowing just 1 hit in 5IP with 6K on 67 pitches, probably ends up having to come out so our bullpen can fail phenomenally.

This whole year for the Mets has just been garbage at every turn.

Its just frustrating. Two loaded bases scenarios to blow the game open.

Mets can't capitalize. I don't know what remedies this. On paper, this Mets team is a very potent offense.

I mean they did fire Chili Davis, so I guess we just wait for the new hitting coaches to settle in.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
And now the Mets are delayed. Walker, who was f***ing dealing in allowing just 1 hit in 5IP with 6K on 67 pitches, probably ends up having to come out so our bullpen can fail phenomenally.

This whole year for the Mets has just been garbage at every turn.

Relax...we got lucky it was a short enough rain delay where Walker came back out. I was kind of thinking like you tho at first...lol

Reactions: nyr2k2

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I just can't see the Mets winning this. This game has loss written all over it.

I mean do you guys think Rojas has blame in all this?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
10 walks by Cards in 7 innings but we got bases loaded no outs with Pete up.

I do believe it's time for one of them signature hits(ie...Grand Salami) that blows open this game and wakes this team up and we go on a roll when we go home for a 5 game series vs the Diamondbacks and Orioles. Let's do this...not more excuses...let's go Pete!!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
More Cardinal walks and a Dom Smith clutch hit. Game starting to get out of hand in our favor. Told you we needed to remain positive. Cardinals have been beyond pathetic today.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
More Cardinal walks and a Dom Smith clutch hit. Game starting to get out of hand in our favor. Told you we needed to remain positive. Cardinals have been beyond pathetic today.

I can't remain positive in a game that should be 10-1 Mets.

Cardinals are still in this gane and shouldn't be.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I can't remain positive in a game that should be 10-1 Mets.

Cardinals are still in this gane and shouldn't be.

Well that's the Mets for you until their bats wake up. Meantime, we should look at the glass half full in that our pitching is about as good any in baseball and once we do start inevitably hit, we should take off!.

On a astonishing note and proof that the world is round...Lindor got a hit...enough said!....lol

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Mets have a good team BA. They're like 4th in OBP or something. They walk a ton. They don't strike out that much. Their ISO is 29th in baseball--they're just not hitting for power. And it's not just bad luck, because they have a normal BABIP, there's just something fundamentally off right now.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Its sounding like Lindor and McNeil had some kind of altercation in the tunnel. Its speculation on part of the broadcast team but there something did happen in the tunnel before that had a bunch of players running to it.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Its sounding like Lindor and McNeil had some kind of altercation in the tunnel. Its speculation on part of the broadcast team but there something did happen in the tunnel before that had a bunch of players running to it.

when did it happen? Between innings after the Mets batted? Or directly after the miscommunication in the top 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad