OT: MLB Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I think it's the Dodgers year. They've been due for years, and I think like the Tampa Bay Lightning in hockey, they'll finally get it.
I do not want the LA anything to win a title. Fortunately the chargers and rams suck. Kings beating us in 2014 was an epic disaster for me. Lakers beating the Heat sucked. Mets beating the dodgers in 2015 was amazing except for the not winning the world series part. Dodgers last won in 88 after beating the mets so here's to the dodgers losing a 3rd world series in 4 years.

Reactions: ponzu4u and Maximus

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
OK Staalsie...it's that time again. Just like when the bet we had in the Islander Lightning series which I won....well charity did seeing you donated $100. Seeing you feel so strongly about the Dodgers and I feel same way about Tampa, let's put our money where our mouth is.

A fun and friendly $20 wager payable via PayPal or whatever....you good with that? It will give us more to talk about too....LMK

Sure.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Ok my friend...we are on!....GO RAYS!!!

Full disclosure, it's not so much I like the Rays tho I kind of do as I respect the shit out of that organization and how they keep drafting great players year after year with a tiny payroll as well.

It's more that I just simply cannot stand the Dodgers. And it's always enjoyable to watch them lose games and series that everyone says they should win. Haven't seen the odds and to lazy to look while I type this but I'm guessing the Dodgers are favored...yes?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I do not want the LA anything to win a title. Fortunately the chargers and rams suck. Kings beating us in 2014 was an epic disaster for me. Lakers beating the Heat sucked. Mets beating the dodgers in 2015 was amazing except for the not winning the world series part. Dodgers last won in 88 after beating the mets so here's to the dodgers losing a 3rd world series in 4 years.

"Brilliant minds" think alike...lol.

I'm with ya on the anti-LA choo choo train. That team cannot lose enough. They will again this year as well.

I'm going Rays in 6 possibly 7...we'll see soon enough.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I hope the Dodgers, who I despise, sweep that insufferable pile of crap from Tampa.

I'd pay to see Arozarena get beaned. and Cash get decked in the ensuing fight.

How do you hate the Rays so much? I mean all they are is a bunch of workmen like talented guys who are getting paid shit compared to the Dodger players and yet they work their asses off and are one of the best teams in the league?

I dunno, except if maybe your a Yankee fan and are bitter about the fact that the Rays consistently kick your asses year after year, I don't see the hate towards that team. But whatever...different strokes than different folks I believe is the saying...lol

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I like the Dodgers. i've been a Kershaw stan since I was a kid when he first came up in the league. He's Henrik Lundqvist levels of underrated/appreciated. and say what you want about their Evil Empire ways, they draft and develop players.

And sheeeiiit, they're playing the ALeast rival Rays, I hope they kick the shit outta them.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
This is the first year the Rays had a winning record against the Yankees since 2014 but don't let facts get in the way of you posting like a douchebag. Be better...

Take it easy hoss and no reason to be calling me or anyone a douchebag...seems a bit over the top...ya think?

I was going back over 10 years and so maybe it's you who is not looking at the facts but yes by all means be selective and take just the past 6 years when the series have been pretty close during this selective time frame of yours evenn with the Yankees having won 5 of them. Rays had won 4 of the years including 2014 and they both tied the season series in 2011 since 2010.

All told the record between the two teams since 2010 is as close as you can get as the record for both teams is 101-101.

The Yankees always seem to struggle vs the Rays. And plenty of my Yankee fan friends have always said the Rays are more of a pain in the ass than any other team in the AL East including the Red Sox. So go easy on your rhetoric as it's pretty unclassy....cheers hoss!

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
How do you hate the Rays so much? I mean all they are is a bunch of workmen like talented guys who are getting paid shit compared to the Dodger players and yet they work their asses off and are one of the best teams in the league?

I dunno, except if maybe your a Yankee fan and are bitter about the fact that the Rays consistently kick your asses year after year, I don't see the hate towards that team. But whatever...different strokes than different folks I believe is the saying...lol
I find their fans and their social media presence very annoying. Also there's been a decent amount of violence between the clubs in recent years.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Take it easy hoss and no reason to be calling me or anyone a douchebag...seems a bit over the top...ya think?

I was going back over 10 years and so maybe it's you who is not looking at the facts but yes by all means be selective and take just the past 6 years when the series have been pretty close during this selective time frame of yours evenn with the Yankees having won 5 of them. Rays had won 4 of the years including 2014 and they both tied the season series in 2011 since 2010.

All told the record between the two teams since 2010 is as close as you can get as the record for both teams is 101-101.

The Yankees always seem to struggle vs the Rays. And plenty of my Yankee fan friends have always said the Rays are more of a pain in the ass than any other team in the AL East including the Red Sox. So go easy on your rhetoric as it's pretty unclassy....cheers hoss!

...and again with your response you're being intellectually dishonest. Your original post includes the words and I quote: "Yankee fan and are bitter about the fact that the Rays consistently kick your asses year after year." You didn't say ten years. You didn't say it's a close series over the last ten years. You said something that is factually incorrect. I pointed it out and there is no satisfactory rejoinder that could make it correct. It would be just as incorrect (and inciteful) for me to say you should be happy the Dodgers won their series against the Braves since Atlanta has consistently made the Mets their bitch over the last 10 years.

Hey chief, As nyr2k2 has said, this place has been pretty nice with no antagonizing between Yanks and Mets fans. Your two posts with digs was unneeded and that's why I said you're posting LIKE a douchebag which isn't you from all the previous posts I've read of yours. That's why I think you're better than that and responded as such.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
...and again with your response you're being intellectually dishonest. Your original post includes the words and I quote: "Yankee fan and are bitter about the fact that the Rays consistently kick your asses year after year." You didn't say ten years. You didn't say it's a close series over the last ten years. You said something that is factually incorrect. I pointed it out and there is no satisfactory rejoinder that could make it correct. It would be just as incorrect (and inciteful) for me to say you should be happy the Dodgers won their series against the Braves since Atlanta has consistently made the Mets their bitch over the last 10 years.

Hey chief, As nyr2k2 has said, this place has been pretty nice with no antagonizing between Yanks and Mets fans. Your two posts with digs was unneeded and that's why I said you're posting LIKE a douchebag which isn't you from all the previous posts I've read of yours. That's why I think you're better than that and responded as such.

Didn't intentionally attempt to antagonize but now that I see what your referring to, I probably could have used different words. The point of what I really was attempting to project was that the Rays have always been a pain in the ass for the Yankees over the years and they have. But that said, I could have chosen a different tone as tho I may be a Met fan, that doesn't mean I don't respect the success of the Yankees at least during the regular season.

Anyways let's move on shall we?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I find their fans and their social media presence very annoying. Also there's been a decent amount of violence between the clubs in recent years.

I was not aware of this big social media presence of the Rays or their fanbase. And to be honest, I've never heard of this violence you speak of as it's never entered my orbit that both fanbases have this kind of hate going on. Thanks tho for enlightening me as now I understand a bit more this hatred going on between the Yanks and Rays.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Didn't intentionally attempt to antagonize but now that I see what your referring to, I probably could have used different words. The point of what I really was attempting to project was that the Rays have always been a pain in the ass for the Yankees over the years and they have. But that said, I could have chosen a different tone as tho I may be a Met fan, that doesn't mean I don't respect the success of the Yankees at least during the regular season.

Anyways let's move on shall we?

Absolutely. We good. Always respected ya as a poster so sorry if my post came off harsh as well.

The Rays have played the Yankees hard in the past, especially down at the Trop. No denying that. I think Yankees fans dislike for the Rays goes more towards the hypocrisy of them beaning Yankee hitters and then crying foul after retaliation. Additionally the gamesmanship (sore winners) this year is not endearing. Honestly, Yankee fans are more pissed at our GM and owner for doing less with more.

It's funny because usually hatred for other teams stems from their fanbase but the Rays really don't have enough fans for that development to occur until this year.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Remember when the Mets traded for him and a few Yankees fans melted the board to the ground bc he was stolen from them? Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->