OT: MLB Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'd love to see someone pull this in the world series.

That might be the best troll job I've seen in years....that was awesome!.

The nonchalantness of that center fielder after he robbed and caught the ball was as good as it gets. No way to know he caught the ball watching his reaction....too funny

More players should do that...lol

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That might be the best troll job I've seen in years....that was awesome!.

The nonchalantness of that center fielder after he robbed and caught the ball was as good as it gets. No way to know he caught the ball watching his reaction....too funny

More players should do that...lol

The one last night by Pache was decent.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We all wanna keep LeMahieu but somebody pointed out today, and I think it's fair, that he's going to be 33 next season and maybe he's not a guy you make long-term sacrifices to keep. He'll probably have to be willing to play third.

This team needs a shortstop and Gleyber Torres ain't it. To be fair, I don't think Gregorius was it either; just not a good enough hitter.

I would make a play for Lindor. Semien is also available but he's had literally one year as a plus hitter in the majors (very, very, very plus but my point stands). That's a hard pass for me.

Reactions: RGY

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
We all wanna keep LeMahieu but somebody pointed out today, and I think it's fair, that he's going to be 33 next season and maybe he's not a guy you make long-term sacrifices to keep. He'll probably have to be willing to play third.

This team needs a shortstop and Gleyber Torres ain't it. To be fair, I don't think Gregorius was it either; just not a good enough hitter.

I would make a play for Lindor. Semien is also available but he's had literally one year as a plus hitter in the majors (very, very, very plus but my point stands). That's a hard pass for me.
The problem is that DJ is far and away the best hitter on the team. Without him the lineup becomes even easier for quality pitching to navigate.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The problem is that DJ is far and away the best hitter on the team. Without him the lineup becomes even easier for quality pitching to navigate.
That's why I would sign him and pay a premium to get him to move to third while also bringing in a star shortstop.

The Yankees will cry poverty.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
To be fair, they had no gate revenue this year.
Neither did any other team. With their merchandise and tv, the Yankees will still be in a relatively better position.

If the whole league is hurt financially, the dollars on contracts should come down, which will allow to Yankees to make competitive offers.

And let's face it, the sons have been crying poverty since before we knew covid existed. I get that they have to make a profit but there's a difference between making and maximizing by investing less in the team. They've been doing the latter since George died.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want

It's funny what you mention Semien because before coming to the Yankees, DJ also had only one year as a plus hitter (130 wRC+). Yankee fans do forget (not you) that he was brought here to be more of a utility player than a hitting machine that he has become.

I don't know where DJ's head is at and that is the most interesting thing. He's had most of his success here. He's fit in really well. He's on a perennial playoff team. Does he tell his agent to, in the end, just try to get something done with the Yanks that works for both sides or does he go for the most money even if it means possibly less success for him. DJ is an interesting cat so who knows for sure.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's funny what you mention Semien because before coming to the Yankees, DJ also had only one year as a plus hitter (130 wRC+). Yankee fans do forget (not you) that he was brought here to be more of a utility player than a hitting machine that he has become.

I don't know where DJ's head is at and that is the most interesting thing. He's had most of his success here. He's fit in really well. He's on a perennial playoff team. Does he tell his agent to, in the end, just try to get something done with the Yanks that works for both sides or does he go for the most money even if it means possibly less success for him. DJ is an interesting cat so who knows for sure.
That's a very fair point but I would say that while DJ has been better than expected, he was brought here to hit for average which he always did.

Semien has always been just another guy who homers 25-30 times and isn't doing much else. We already have Stanton who is just a better version of that.

Reactions: JCProdigy

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
That's a very fair point but I would say that while DJ has been better than expected, he was brought here to hit for average which he always did.

Semien has always been just another guy who homers 25-30 times and isn't doing much else. We already have Stanton who is just a better version of that.

Oh know doubt. Not a fan of going after Semien either. Just thought that lil nugget on DJ is crazy since he went to a whole nother level here.

Reactions: Machinehead

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I hope the Dodgers, who I despise, sweep that insufferable pile of crap from Tampa.

I'd pay to see Arozarena get beaned. and Cash get decked in the ensuing fight.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I know alot of peeps in here are anti Rays mostly cause they keep beating the shit out of the Yankees. But me gets the feeling that this is the city of Tampa's year.

First you get the Lightning winning the covid Cup. Now you got the Rays in the covid WS and they have a hell of a good shot at beating the Dodgers. And really if you think about it, would it surprise anyone in here if the Buccaneers with Brady made a serious run at the covid Super Bowl and if they made it...winning it?

I know I wouldn't. So tho it wasn't in the same year, similar shit happened with Washington DC with the Nationals and Capitals winning titles after it never happening before and so maybe it's the city of Tampa's turn...who the hell knows but it makes for a good story...lol

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I know alot of peeps in here are anti Rays mostly cause they keep beating the shit out of the Yankees. But me gets the feeling that this is the city of Tampa's year.

First you get the Lightning winning the covid Cup. Now you got the Rays in the covid WS and they have a hell of a good shot at beating the Dodgers. And really if you think about it, would it surprise anyone in here if the Buccaneers with Brady made a serious run at the covid Super Bowl and if they made it...winning it?

I know I wouldn't. So tho it wasn't in the same year, similar shit happened with Washington DC with the Nationals and Capitals winning titles after it never happening before and so maybe it's the city of Tampa's turn...who the hell knows but it makes for a good story...lol

Tampa almost blew a 3-0 series lead.

LA rolls. If its anyones year its theirs.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Tampa almost blew a 3-0 series lead.

LA rolls. If its anyones year its theirs.

OK Staalsie...it's that time again. Just like when the bet we had in the Islander Lightning series which I won....well charity did seeing you donated $100. Seeing you feel so strongly about the Dodgers and I feel same way about Tampa, let's put our money where our mouth is.

A fun and friendly $20 wager payable via PayPal or whatever....you good with that? It will give us more to talk about too....LMK

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Tampa has been lucky just to get this far.Now they go up against a team who has them beat in most,if not all areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad