OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
This isn't a great defensive team in general. Too many DH types. Sanchez is done. He's been bad for several seasons now. They might want to send him packing.
We need DJ and Urshela back badly.Sanchez is just garbage on both sides of the ball at this point.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Still coming down from the buzz of the Rosario game winner. And I get it I really do that this wasn't the "real Yankees". But still, Yankees had a 4 run lead in 1st game and blew it with their best reliever on the mound. And in 2nd game, Yankees had their ace closer on the mound and they blew it.

Bottom line as any Met fan knows, it's going to be a life and death struggle the rest of the way for us too make the playoffs even with 8 teams getting in. Yankees even with their 7 game losing streak could still afford to lose these game as they are a virtual lock to get into playoffs withought a sweat.

So we needed it more and for a very rare moment, the baseball gods threw us fans a bone...imagine that!....lol

Reactions: nyr2k2

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
That's f***ing great. Awesome.

I literally thought to myself, "Rosario sucks, he takes the dumbest swings ever, if anyone could turn around Chapman of course it would be him." And then he does it. LOL.

It's shit like tonight why us Met fans are driven to drink. They get swept in a double header a few days ago to the stinking Marlins and next day in a must win vs same Marlins, blow a deGrom gem only too come back in 9th inning too eek out a win and than tonight they go and sweep Yankees in a doubleheader for first time in the teams history with huge comebacks in both games!.

Did I get that right? lol. I seriously doubt there is any other fan base in baseball who goes thru the shit we go thru...no one!

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The Mets didn't celebrate too much on our field. Wouldn't care if they did but that was nice of them.

As usual, Boone is an absolute clown. Doesn't pitch Chapman for a month and expects him to get people out.
You cannot blame Boone for all the injuries. BUT you can blame Boone for several other items. Early in the season he put out hack lineups to give guys rest instead of taking the W’s on the table. He has constantly made questionable lineup decisions and he has made poor in game decisions. Twice this week he pulled his Starters in double header 7 inning games when they had very manageable pitch counts. They ended up losing both. And I dont want to hear about Tanaka saying he was running out of gas because he also said he was leaving it up to the skipper. Boone has no balls. He is soft and he tries to play the analytical genius type card and ends up over managing. He has no feel for the game from a Manager perspective because he never had experience before this. He let Mercer hit in the 7th with 1 out in Game 1 today instead of having Tauchman PH...only to have Tauchman put his batting gloves and helmet on after that. What are we saving him for? These are just recent examples but there is a boat load more to choose from.

I was never a fan of hiring Boone. Good guy. But wrong for this job. Should have hired Bam Bam. And now they should simply move to hire someone like Buck Showalter. We need someone to take control of this group and get them across the finish line. Buck was fantastic in Baltimore. His teams always competed while having inferior lineups to NY and Boston pretty much every year during his tenure.

Its time to pull the plug, which won’t happen until after this season. Only thing that may save his job is the team gets healthy in time for playoffs and they find success. But I dont see it happening nor would it be an indication of Boone’s ability as a manager because it would be masked by his players winning in spite of him.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You cannot blame Boone for all the injuries. BUT you can blame Boone for several other items. Early in the season he put out hack lineups to give guys rest instead of taking the W’s on the table. He has constantly made questionable lineup decisions and he has made poor in game decisions. Twice this week he pulled his Starters in double header 7 inning games when they had very manageable pitch counts. They ended up losing both. And I dont want to hear about Tanaka saying he was running out of gas because he also said he was leaving it up to the skipper. Boone has no balls. He is soft and he tries to play the analytical genius type card and ends up over managing. He has no feel for the game from a Manager perspective because he never had experience before this. He let Mercer hit in the 7th with 1 out in Game 1 today instead of having Tauchman PH...only to have Tauchman put his batting gloves and helmet on after that. What are we saving him for? These are just recent examples but there is a boat load more to choose from.

I was never a fan of hiring Boone. Good guy. But wrong for this job. Should have hired Bam Bam. And now they should simply move to hire someone like Buck Showalter. We need someone to take control of this group and get them across the finish line. Buck was fantastic in Baltimore. His teams always competed while having inferior lineups to NY and Boston pretty much every year during his tenure.

Its time to pull the plug, which won’t happen until after this season. Only thing that may save his job is the team gets healthy in time for playoffs and they find success. But I dont see it happening nor would it be an indication of Boone’s ability as a manager because it would be masked by his players winning in spite of him.

I'm absolutely blaming Boone for the all the injuries. If we let guys play, maybe they'd be in shape. Our starters barely touched field in Spring Training and (you said it yourself) we have two different lineups. Then we sit there and wonder why guys get hurt.

Our pitchers are basically on a pitch count of 65 this year. Sixty f***ing five. They're gonna get hurt!

Reactions: RGY

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Judge was homering every day until Boone decided he needs a day off for reasons.

Since then, he's 0 for the universe and has gotten hurt twice.

Reactions: RGY

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
why? The P@L has already been shared along with the mountain of debt which has been refinanced multiple times. This is a business opportunity in hopes of maximizing the investment.

Big picture, the investor knows they will replace all the players and staff over time yet the investor needs the team first. What’s on the field today doesn’t really matter. Not to mention, a GM.
You never do something to give anyone an excuse to exit a deal. Firing BVW doesn't increase the value of the team. If the new owners want they can fire him but doing it now gives them a reason to change their bid or even walk away. Or maybe they don't care but it's just never a good idea to make a major personnel move in the middle of a sale.

mrmovies779

Feb 5, 2013
Judge was homering every day until Boone decided he needs a day off for reasons.

Since then, he's 0 for the universe and has gotten hurt twice.
Not fair to blame Boone for Judge turning into a paper tiger these past few years.Hes injury prone.The guy pulled his calf muscle again running to 2nd in his 1st game back from the i.l...but hey,lets blame Boone.I can agree with you about him mismanaging at times,but i cant fault him for injuries on freak things(DJ hurting his thumb swinging) in a crappy schedule.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Can’t imagine why the other owners woulda wanted a big market team to pick the notoriously cheap f***s! Real mystery there.

But there is hostility at the outset. Commissioner Rob Manfred is an ally of Fred Wilpon in particular. But a lot of owners did not want to deal with this outcome. Word was they were hoping the Wilpons would make life easy and pick the group led by Josh Harris and David Blitzer. That duo owns the 76ers and Devils, which means they have been vetted by two top leagues — not to mention the Premier League in Europe — and there were no skeletons revealed. They could have been invited comfortably into the country club.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/29/steve-cohen-actually-buying-mets-from-wilpons-isnt-a-sure-thing/

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Have to imagine that's the first walkoff win in Yankee Stadium not by the Yankees.

Amed Rosario hit the first walk-off homer by a visiting team in Yankee Stadium history.
It was the first walk-off home run by a visiting player since Ed McKean hit one for the St. Louis Perfectos at the Cleveland Spiders in 1899, and the first walk-off of any kind by a visiting player since the Phillies accomplished the feat at Robison Field in St. Louis in 1906, according to Elias Sports Bureau.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Reactions: Leetch3

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Sherman's an ass. Heyman already tweeted that at least 23 owners are going to approve this sale to Cohen. So surprising that Sherman is trying to throw cold water on this...(not really).

Now that their choices are Cohen or A-Rod I would think it’s safe to say they’ll vote yes on Cohen.

but I don’t doubt they all wanted the Sixers/Devils group. None of them want a new owner coming in with deep pockets and large ambitions.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Now that their choices are Cohen or A-Rod I would think it’s safe to say they’ll vote yes on Cohen.

but I don’t doubt they all wanted the Sixers/Devils group. None of them want a new owner coming in with deep pockets and large ambitions.

I don't doubt that they would have preferred a non-dynamic owership group that wouldn't rock the boat. But, to insinuate that there is still some intrigue about this is shit-stirring on Sherman's part.

Last edited:

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

the handful of teams that actually spend probably don't like it and might vote against it, but the majority of the owners that don't spend anyway will be thrilled by the increased value of their franchise by the purchase price and having another successful NY team generating more revenue. its like when the dodgers got sold, i'm sure some teams wish they didn't have to bid against them, but I think overall having the dodgers be strong again is a huge positive for the league

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
You never do something to give anyone an excuse to exit a deal. Firing BVW doesn't increase the value of the team. If the new owners want they can fire him but doing it now gives them a reason to change their bid or even walk away. Or maybe they don't care but it's just never a good idea to make a major personnel move in the middle of a sale.

the Mets enterprise is worth billions and everybody bidding knows the Mets have financial issues and know how laughable Jeff is. A deal like this is maybe once a lifetime as a Major sports team in Ny getting sold is a rarity. Whomever the GM is or isn’t is irrelevant. The big picture is so much more pronounced than a GM i doubt he’s ever even mentioned.

if you had access to 15 billion, we’re about to invest (guessing) 2.7 billion and look forward to building upon the entire enterprise would you really walk away b/c GM was removed? You wouldn’t.

mrmovies779

Feb 5, 2013
Tyler Wade and Sanchez are battling it out for worst Yankees hitter.Tough 1 to pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad