OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
To the Yanks fans, what is going on with andujar? I understand the defense and PT issues, but his bat has been extremely slow, did the injury cook him? Just needing more time?

Rangers394

Aug 5, 2020
Is it just me or is this Yankees pitching staff scary? And not in a good way. We have Cole and then everyone else is a bit of a question mark. I know Severino is out but Paxton has been bad, Tanaka is Tanaka but can we depend on him for a playoff run? Montgomery is alright but coming back from an injury. Then the bullpen is a bit of a question mark since there are a lot of younger guys in there.
I feel like we need another legit starter behind Cole because i don't think this staff is good enough. Eventually, your starters need to get through 3-4 innings, can't bring the bullpen out for 75% of the game every game.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm trying to not care about this season, but it will really piss me off if the Mets finish something like 32-28 and some other team gets in at 30-25 because they had a better winning percentage. Especially if it's a team that missed those games not because of their own positive tests but because of other teams not being able to play.

Like it's crazy to me when I see Philly at 4-4 and STL at 2-3. 2-3! They've played 5 games! The Mets have played 10 more games already! It just seems like someone is going to get f***ed by the winning percentage thing involving a team with substantially fewer games, at that will annoy me. Unless it's Atlanta, Washington, Philly or Boston.

Reactions: Bob Richards

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I'm trying to not care about this season, but it will really piss me off if the Mets finish something like 32-28 and some other team gets in at 30-25 because they had a better winning percentage. Especially if it's a team that missed those games not because of their own positive tests but because of other teams not being able to play.

Like it's crazy to me when I see Philly at 4-4 and STL at 2-3. 2-3! They've played 5 games! The Mets have played 10 more games already! It just seems like someone is going to get f***ed by the winning percentage thing involving a team with substantially fewer games, at that will annoy me. Unless it's Atlanta, Washington, Philly or Boston.

But wait, there's more!

The Cardinals are going to get to mid-August having played 5 games.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
But wait, there's more!

The Cardinals are going to get to mid-August having played 5 games.

MLB needs to establish a minimum games threshold. I understand the difficult circumstances and everything, but a team needs to play a minimum of 56 games IMO for their record to be counted. That's the equivalent of 11 missed games during a normal year. If someone is sitting at 52 games or something, tough shit, you don't count.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Stroman opting out.

Cleared the prospect pool for 6 weeks of Stroman, 500m liability Cano and a closer with the confidence of Rube Baker from Major League

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
upload_2020-8-10_15-29-2.png

This is cruel and unusual punishment.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’m about as casual a Yankees fan as can be, but god damn if I was a Mets fan I’d light Stroman up

I’m all for players right but he’s doing them super dirty

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I’m about as casual a Yankees fan as can be, but god damn if I was a Mets fan I’d light Stroman up

I’m all for players right but he’s doing them super dirty

Dude was preaching for weeks on end how he's coming back and will get past his calf injury. Looks like he is going to be coming back soon, which they could desperately need with Wacha going down. Wacha wasn't anything great, but he at least is a ML pitcher.

Now, Stroman opts out. 2 days after accruing enough ML service time to become a free agent. If he was concerned about his calf blowing up, he would have opted out before doing this whole thing. If he was concerned about COVID, he would have opted out when the Marlins and Cardinals blew up with cases. It's quite convenient of him to pick right now to do it.

Also, you can kill BVW for the original trade, but the people with revisionist history now after the number of starts, the pandemic, and everything leading to Stroman only being around for the end of last season can shove it. Everything doesn't happen in March and he is the #2 most of the season.

He'll get his QO and they'll at least get a pick back for it when he signs somewhere else. Fortunately Peterson has done well and hopefully continues to. Hope the first player to get an opportunity is Kilome. Looked good in long relief and could get 4 or so innings before turning it over to someone like Drew Smith for a few innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad