GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
EADD6-LW4AArWb8

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I remember Alay Soler. He was going to be good! He pitched a 2H CG SO! Which I think was like a quarter of the IP in his career.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
My only memory of Alay Soler was him getting absolutely battered in the back half of a DH at Yankee Stadium on SNB
That might have been his last game. He had some bad starts, then consecutive great starts, then got f***ing bombed over his next handful of starts and disappeared.

I was playing some shitty baseball game on my phone (RBI Baseball, it's terrible) and some team had Deolis Guerra in the bullpen, which made me laugh. I remember the year where his fastball suddenly jumped up to like 94-95 in the minors and he went from interesting finesse guy to top prospect overnight. And he ended up sucking, other than one or two years where I think he was a decent reliever.

And since we're talking unusual name guys, f***ing Duaner Sanchez. I love him. Then the goddamn taxi accident. He had that parachute change that was insane. Never recovered. And messed up that deadline and the Mets had to pivot from getting a legit SP to getting Roberto f***ing Hernandez and Oliver f***ing Perez. Perez, Christ, so frustrating. When he was actually on and throwing strikes, no one could touch him. But that was so rare.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
So far no games are cancelled. The yanks and Mets are offering credits to impacted games. Mets offering 20% and yanks 10% bonus credit to season ticket holders (don’t know if bonus apples to partial plans). You may be able to get a refund if you request it.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
The Yankees drafted Austin Wells (C) in the first round last night.

Apparently he's a great hitter but isn't so good defensively. They were saying how his only chance to catch is if they introduce robot umpires, but they mainly drafted him for his hitting.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

Apparently he's a great hitter but isn't so good defensively. They were saying how his only chance to catch is if they introduce robot umpires, but they mainly drafted him for his hitting.

yankees actually drafted him back in 2018 in the 35th round, he opted for college instead of signing and then they picked him again 28th overall....

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I think that was Keith Law's report and hes a dude who should be ignored.

But he isn't sticking behind the plate. Put him at 1B and let him rake.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I know international signings can be exciting too but baseball draft has arguably more strategy with drafting being affected by above and below slot players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad