OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
If im the Yankees,i let Paxton walk at the end of the year.I have no confidence in him in any big games

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Nah. If you don't know what's going on, why even say anything at all until after the game when you hopefully know more? Had they said nothing and he just wasn't there, people would have just said "Oh it must be COVID!" or something at worst. If you have no facts to offer there's no reason to say anything.

Wait until after the game. At that point you can say what you know, what you don't know, etc. And had they done that it would have been an easy presser without the hours of drama that preceded it.

It was a rushed statement that didn't even need to be made.

I don't "take offense" to any of this. I just think the Mets generally handle situations poorly and could have handled this one better. I'm about three losses away from tuning out, anyway.

Whatever, just glad he's safe because that wasn't immediately clear (as Brodie acknowledged). He was fun while he was healthy.
Yeah, the Mets generally handle situations poorly. This isn't one of those situations. People are looking for reasons to be upset.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Yeah, the Mets generally handle situations poorly. This isn't one of those situations. People are looking for reasons to be upset.

The Mets did not handle this well. Remaining quiet until you have your facts straight is the right way. Anything else is wrong.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
The Mets did not handle this well. Remaining quiet until you have your facts straight is the right way. Anything else is wrong.
Fans deserve to know the $29m outfielder decided to ghost and not show up to the game. Would've been plenty of speculation and ultimately leaked out regardless. Get ahead of the curve.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Fans deserve to know the $22.5m outfielder decided to ghost and not show up to the game. Would've been plenty of speculation and ultimately leaked out regardless. Get ahead of the curve.

i’d prefer facts straight rather than leaking information. That’s what a professional organization does. So easy for the team to take the field and the broadcast team to announce the game based on the lineup. Honestly lol, they leak out info b/c they can’t find a player is comically ridiculous. Oh, now he opted out lol. Couldn’t have handled the situation more poorly IMO.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
i’d prefer facts straight rather than leaking information. That’s what a professional organization does. So easy for the team to take the field and the broadcast team to announce the game based on the lineup. Honestly lol, they leak out info b/c they can’t find a player is comically ridiculous. Oh, now he opted out lol. Couldn’t have handled the situation more poorly IMO.
Those were the facts. He didn't show up to the game, they weren't able to get in contact with him, and they further updated once his agent reached out.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
He's a DH on a team that already has too many of them.
Oh yeah i know,i just remember all the arguments during the offseason about how he should be able to handle the outfield.hes just bad defensively no matter where he plays

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
What in the hell is Hicks doing out there? Does he have money on the Red Sox? I don't think I've seen anything like this from a guy who is supposed to be good defensively.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Those were the facts. He didn't show up to the game, they weren't able to get in contact with him, and they further updated once his agent reached out.

No, the facts are the player opted out. The story should be, like every single other team these days, is the player opted out. Nope, not the Mets. Make it known they can’t find a player, sent security to his room, feel confident he’s alright and then sadly have to clarify their botched info later.

No question, more info will get leaked. Typical Mets and the media will run with the comedy. Guaranteed.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The bigger issue to me is that the Mets are the kind of organization where a player just dips out like this. Not healthy. The PR fiascos are also embarrassing but victimless ineptitude.

Last edited:
Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad