OT: MLB Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Too early to tell on Machado and Harper.

Pujols and Prince were bad.

ARod probably not worth it, but not as bad as Pujols/Prince.

Cano was worth it I think.

The only one that was worth it was ARod. The others were all bad. Harper/Machado TBD.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The only one that was worth it was ARod. The others were all bad. Harper/Machado TBD.
What gets ARod the nod over Cano?

Cano (2014-Present): $132m and 24 bWAR
ARod(2008-2016): $226m and 23.3 bWAR

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
You knew this was coming the minute Cole, a player the Yankees have loved for a decade, kept them from the World Series.

If ever there was a final nail in the coffin, that was it.

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
No excuses now with Cole-Severino-Paxton-Tanaka-Who gives a ****
Monty is going to be very good next year as the 5th starter is my call.

Now bring back Dellin. Move Happ. Look into another reliever like Treinen.

If they do not package Andujar for Lindor or get Lindor period, they need INF depth. In the mold of a DJ that can play all around the INF.

There are some good options out there, Zobrist, Kipnis, Shaw, Holt. Those are the targets.

Catcher. If Romine is not coming back I do not want Higgy as the backup. There are options here for a vet backup. Russell Martin reunion and Matt Wieters. A couple more.

Lastly i think it comes down to Gardner or Pillar for CF. Maybe an outside possibility of Alex Gordon.

Lets go Cash tighten this up now

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I wouldn’t mind a defensively responsible catcher whose more of a contact hitter to replace Gary Sanchez. Every year I’m waiting for him to turn the corner and he hasn’t.

I assume they’ll resign Gardner for a year.

Pie in the sky would be dealing for Lindor, but I doubt the Yankees are throwing out another mammoth deal with Torres and Judge still to be paid, and Stantons massive deal.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Too early to tell on Machado and Harper.

Pujols and Prince were bad.

ARod probably not worth it, but not as bad as Pujols/Prince.

Cano was worth it I think.

Woof, Cano wasn’t worth it. Tested positive for PEDs and last half of contract will be brutal when all is said and done. If he led his team to a title you could make an argument, but not as it stands. It’s not too bad for Seattle only bc BVW is a joke and rescued them, but the contract in general, is lousy.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I'd trade Sanchez AND Andujar if it meant improving defensively and more contact/OBP hitters.

Too bad Andujar is coming off an injury and I feel like Sanchez is only dropping in value. I wouldn’t have a problem packaging those guys along with a Frazier for the right piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad