OT: MLB Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Didi had the unenviable task of taking over for one or the most popular players, if not the most, in franchise history. acquitted him self much better than I thought he would and turned into a much better player than I thought he would.

Never wanted him back, but I don’t have many bad things to say about him. Good luck to him.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Boras dropping the yankee name lmao.

say what you want about the dude, but he is excellent at his job.

And in this case, Boras knows Cole is like the Yankees’ high school sweetheart.

They wanted him 11 years ago. They wanted him a few years back. They want him now. They’ve told him the money will be there. They likely feel he is the difference between a World Series appearance last season.

I suspect the strong interest is mutual. But his job is to get every last penny for his client. Especially when the suitors are the ones who can and will pony up.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
It doesn’t matter how many times I’ve seen it, whether we agreed on an issue or disagreed, it made me chuckle.

Every time. Which probably says more about my sick mind than anything else, but I digress.

For everyone on this board, your username is your legal name and on your driver's license and your avatar is who is posting.

I think this of everyone and my brain will not allow this to change.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
It doesn’t matter how many times I’ve seen it, whether we agreed on an issue or disagreed, it made me chuckle.

Every time. Which probably says more about my sick mind than anything else, but I digress.
It's okay. It makes me chuckle too.

And then cry. For the rest of the day/night.

Reactions: Edge

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Is Cesar Hernandez worth exploring? Phillie didn't tender him a QO and he is 7th in fWAR over the past 4 yrs at 2B.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Why in the actual **** would they move Nimmo for Marte?
I am not sure if it is for Marte. Maybe they trade Nimmo for some other pieces (IDK, relievers?) and then trade prospects for Marte.

Mets should be in playoff hunt with their pitching.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The Wilpons and Brodie are gonna burn this motherf***er to the ground trying to win now. They know Cohen is gonna boot them all sooner than later. Strap in for some dumb shit.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The Wilpons and Brodie are gonna burn this mother****er to the ground trying to win now. They know Cohen is gonna boot them all sooner than later. Strap in for some dumb ****.
Is it a bad strategy? Mets didn't really do enough to build their team when they had 3 young aces and probably should've made more than 1 WS appearance. They're probably afraid of repeating that.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I am not sure if it is for Marte. Maybe they trade Nimmo for some other pieces (IDK, relievers?) and then trade prospects for Marte.

Mets should be in playoff hunt with their pitching.
Yeah, I guess that's a possibility too. I'm just not crazy about Marte when you factor in his contract situation, and I'm a bit biased here as a really big fan of Nimmo. I know it's not perfect and poor defensively overall, but I'd be content rolling out this lineup:
C - Ramos
1B - Pete
2B - McNeil
SS - Rosario
3B - Davis
LF - Nimmo
CF - Marisnick --> again, really not ideal, but he's at least a plus-defensive CF
RF - Scooter

The limiting factor is Marisnick's bat, but maybe they see something fixable there like they did with JD Davis. I think that lineup has enough pop to keep them in games easily with their starting pitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad