OT: MLB Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
i dont get it. is he snarky because they didn't offer him a contract, or because they didn't congratulate him after signing his contract with the Phillies?

He would be the 4th best starter here and got a big contract. it is what it is.

He went back to the Mets one final time after Philly made their offer to see if the Mets were still interested in him with an offer of their own. They weren't. I think the writing was on the wall for him when they traded for Stroman. It sucks as a Mets fan that he went to a division rival. At least Rendon is gone.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
what did they do?

Soccer has Financial Fair Play, kind of a salary cap but it's more based on revenue. The more your club earns via sponsorship deals, the more you can spend. They were owned by a member of the UAE Royal family who pumped huge amounts of money into the club. They over inflated sponsorship deals and revenue, and spent more on players.

They violated it to the tune of an estimate Billion dollars over 10 years. Then when they got investigated, they tried to squash the inquiry.

Reactions: Leetch3

Deleted member 23124

He went back to the Mets one final time after Philly made their offer to see if the Mets were still interested in him with an offer of their own. They weren't. I think the writing was on the wall for him when they traded for Stroman. It sucks as a Mets fan that he went to a division rival. At least Rendon is gone.
I didn't understand the Stroman deal when it happened....but as events became public, it began to make sense. Mets knew what they were going to offer him and would not budge from that figure. I think the Wilpons knew he wasn't going to accept it...so they got Stroman as insurance.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I didn't understand the Stroman deal when it happened....but as events became public, it began to make sense. Mets knew what they were going to offer him and would not budge from that figure. I think the Wilpons knew he wasn't going to accept it...so they got Stroman as insurance.
The Stroman trade was excellent by the Mets regardless.

Reactions: bleedblue94

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Aaron Judge will be held out of batting practice on Tuesday for what is being termed as "maintenance on his right shoulder."

Take a deep breath. Judge is participating in all other activities, so the situation isn't considered serious. We'll have to take their word for it for now. Judge carries immense upside, but he was limited to 102 games last season and 112 games in 2018.
SOURCE: Erik Boland on Twitter

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Aaron Judge will be held out of batting practice on Tuesday for what is being termed as "maintenance on his right shoulder."

Take a deep breath. Judge is participating in all other activities, so the situation isn't considered serious. We'll have to take their word for it for now. Judge carries immense upside, but he was limited to 102 games last season and 112 games in 2018.
SOURCE: Erik Boland on Twitter
And he aggravated the same shoulder at the HR derby in 2018 didn't he...?

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
Aaaaand Lugo broke his pinky toe. We'll soon find out the sheer force of the bone fracturing caused shockwaves to reverberate throughout his skeletal system and injure his spine leaving him in a wheelchair until the day his contract his up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->