OT: MLB Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Astros cheating has impacted both of their series though. It wasnt just the video stuff, their pitchers were doctoring balls too.

Also, Verlander is the biggest ****ing clown in the sport. As much as I want to see Judge literally punt Altuve into the right field bleachers, I hope Verlander gets his ass kicked even harder.
No arguments here. I wanted that team to fall down a well before we found out about this.

Most unlikable team in sports. They make the Patriots look like a scrappy babyface.

Reactions: lakai17

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Here's another thing that gets me. People want the Astros to apologize.

They knew exactly what they were doing and they did it for three years.

What are they supposed to say? "Oopsie boopsie?" I don't wanna hear it.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I'm originally from NY and was born and lived in Sheepshead Bay section of Brooklyn for first 13 years of my life and than we moved to Rockland County where I lived there for next 25 years.

Got married had two kids and we moved to northern suburbs of Philly about 20 years ago for job purposes and so since than I've been in Eagle, Flyer, Sixers and Phillies country ever since.

So most of my friends these days are all fans of teams I'm rivals of. Anyways tonight at happy hour I made a bet with 3 of my buds who are huge Phillie fans. Bet is that the Mets end up with more wins than the Phils do....$100 with each of them.

Question for my goombas in here....Am I screwed and going to be out of $300 or am I on the right side of the bet?

My opinion is honestly it will be close...very close and it could even come down to final week of season as I can see the Mets winning somewhere in the 85-90 range and I can also see the Phils in that same area as well.

It can go either way but I think if Met bullpen is as improved as it should be, the Mets have a better pen, better starting pitching and their lineup is just as good as Philly's is and so Mets should finish ahead of them.

Am I right or am I screwed? No matter what happens, I'm stoked that baseball is right around the corner.
No answer to your question really, but OT, but I visted Philly proper with the family a few weeks back. Holy crap, it felt driving in the suburbs! No traffic or congestion and drivers are POLITE and COURTEOUS (whaaaaaa?!?). The one asshole in 3 days I encountered who jumped an All Way stop sign was of course from New York. Also there are no kids in the city proper it was so strange. Ppl were fawning over my little kids with huge smiles as we walked around the city. It felt like I was in the movie Children of Men.

Reactions: Maximus

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No answer to your question really, but OT, but I visted Philly proper with the family a few weeks back. Holy crap, it felt driving in the suburbs! No traffic or congestion and drivers are POLITE and COURTEOUS (whaaaaaa?!?). The one ******* in 3 days I encountered who jumped an All Way stop sign was of course from New York. Also there are no kids in the city proper it was so strange. Ppl were fawning over my little kids with huge smiles as we walked around the city. It felt like I was in the movie Children of Men.
Yeah, Philly is just about the friendliest place I've ever been. No idea where the reputation comes from.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Can I place a bet on how many brawls the Astros will be involved in this season?
The problem with this coming to fruition is that shitbag of a commissioner Manfred will start handing out suspensions, increasing them with each case, so not everyone is going to get their chance at justice. Because Manfred and the MLB did a terrible job with this. Go listen to their responses to the questions about the buzzers...none are denying it and because they were given immunity they are using the MLB’s garbage investigation as their defense. This is worse than what Pete Rose did...this is even more embarrassing for the sport.

f*** you Jim Crane, the organization should be ripped out from underneath you for those garbage answers today.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The Yankees haven't won the WS because they haven't been good enough. This Astros thing doesn't necessarily change that.

Yankees fans have trouble admitting that they haven't been good enough.
The Yankees didnt hit in Houston. But lets not ignore that they lost every game in Houston. Houston won and that required them hitting the ball. In a tight game, the cheating can be all the difference in the playoffs. So yes I still feel very slighted as a Yankee fan.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Yankees didnt hit in Houston. But lets not ignore that they lost every game in Houston. Houston won and that required them hitting the ball. In a tight game, the cheating can be all the difference in the playoffs. So yes I still feel very slighted as a Yankee fan.
You have that right.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
You have that right.
I will happily criticize my team when it is warranted. I am in agreement with you that the Yankees were and still are too HR or bust. They were better last year due to guys like DJLM.

But the longer a game goes that is tied or close, anything can happen when you have the lineup the Yankees have. I mean go look at the game they were down in Yankee stadium to the Asteriks in 2017...they started their comeback in the 6th or 7th...forget which inning...Judge hits the HR and they gained momentum. That is my issue with it still. Thats why I still feel cheated. The playing field was not even in Houston. They sure weren’t hitting but if the playing field is even and BOTH teams arent hitting then it can go either way. Maybe they still lose but now we will never know. Maybe they win the ALCS and lose to the Dodgers but again we will never know. Its a f***ing joke. These players are getting off easy. They got their playoff bonuses, their contract extensions. Making millions. None of them are truly remorseful.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I will happily criticize my team when it is warranted. I am in agreement with you that the Yankees were and still are too HR or bust. They were better last year due to guys like DJLM.

But the longer a game goes that is tied or close, anything can happen when you have the lineup the Yankees have. I mean go look at the game they were down in Yankee stadium to the Asteriks in 2017...they started their comeback in the 6th or 7th...forget which inning...Judge hits the HR and they gained momentum. That is my issue with it still. Thats why I still feel cheated. The playing field was not even in Houston. They sure weren’t hitting but if the playing field is even and BOTH teams arent hitting then it can go either way. Maybe they still lose but now we will never know. Maybe they win the ALCS and lose to the Dodgers but again we will never know. Its a ****ing joke. These players are getting off easy. They got their playoff bonuses, their contract extensions. Making millions. None of them are truly remorseful.
The Astros are a marvel, really.

Think about how unlikely it is to assemble a group of 25+ guys who are all actual garbage.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I hadn't heard that. Is that really true? I love me some McNeil bigtime but for Betts straight up...really? I'd have done that in a NY minute.

Would you? For 1.5-2 years of Betts? The Mets aren't going to give him 300-400M as an extension.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
lmao at the MLB trying to change the subject with the new rule changes. f*** you and your weakass response to the cheating. I hope it hurts where it counts.

Reactions: bleedblue94

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Not 'confirmed' but pitchers dont just magically increase their spin rate by 500 RPM.
Didn't they show a catcher with tar on his shin guards rubbing it onto the ball before tossing it back to the pitcher? I believe the general response to that was that the catcher is allowed to randomly rub shins with tar/dirt on it and then randomly touch the ball too which might happen to get some tar rubbed on it, all legal as it is only the pitcher who can't do anything of the sort. If true, I'm not sure why every team isn't doing this.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Would you? For 1.5-2 years of Betts? The Mets aren't going to give him 300-400M as an extension.

I'd very tempted but I do admit the financial terms are a bit daunting. So yeah I'd probably end up passing when all is said and done. I just happen to love Betts and so wasn't thinking too much about the money when I made my original comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->