OT: MLB Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

this is why the mets are a clown show of an organization...if cohen's issue was the wilpon's keeping control and now they are willing to sell the team without the condition that they keep control, then why can't they just iron out details with cohen to complete that sale?

Reactions: Maximus and Crease

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
So the same deal Cohen wanted in the first place? Manfred probably told the Wilpons enough's enough.

Reactions: Leetch3

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Anthony DiComo is tweeting out pics of the new clubhouse in Port St Lucie. I didn't pay much attention to this, but it caught my eye mixed in with the pics he said it's $57 million in upgrades, 2m from the Mets and 55m from the county.

I can't imagine why anyone with money WOULDN'T want to buy a team. It's a green light to rampant rich guy welfare.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Anthony DiComo is tweeting out pics of the new clubhouse in Port St Lucie. I didn't pay much attention to this, but it caught my eye mixed in with the pics he said it's $57 million in upgrades, 2m from the Mets and 55m from the county.

I can't imagine why anyone with money WOULDN'T want to buy a team. It's a green light to rampant rich guy welfare.
It will probably be used for minor leagues/rehab, no?

May give them an edge with international free agents or something.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

Oh I don't disagree with the need to update the place.

I'm just poking fun at the staggering breakdown of public funding. But it's 100% bc they threatened to leave if they didn't get what they wanted. These teams hold local govts hostage constantly.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

"The Mets are only using it for Spring Training, not for the St. Lucie regular season, to give minor leaguers a reminder of the status they're working to earn"

Gotta love them Mets....

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
"The Mets are only using it for Spring Training, not for the St. Lucie regular season, to give minor leaguers a reminder of the status they're working to earn"

Gotta love them Mets....

"Keep your head down and work hard. I remember grinding it out in HS, and those long bus rides in college. It all pays off with hard work" said Jeff Wilpon, without an ounce of irony, to a group of gathered minor leaguers.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
LoDuca is savaging the Wilpons on FAN right now.
I'm generally in favor of savaging the Wilpons, but Lo Duca is an absolute idiot who takes every opportunity he has to shit on the Mets, their players, their front office people, etc. He's just a roided-out douchebag who's looking for attention.

But f*** the Wilpons, still. Although it's funny--them being incompetent may end up saving the Mets a scumbag owner.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

This is the reason why Beltran had to go.

This story comes out days after pitchers and catchers report. Guess what the story would be at St. Lucie tomorrow if he was around?

Now, maybe BVW gets asked about it and if Beltran lied to them, but that's about it.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

This story comes out days after pitchers and catchers report. Guess what the story would be at St. Lucie tomorrow if he was around?

Now, maybe BVW gets asked about it and if Beltran lied to them, but that's about it.

team is still a bunch of clowns for hiring him in the first place knowing that he was involved...but any reporter that covers anything but the clown show with the cohen deal should lose their job. nothing else matters

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
So I have a few buddies who work for the Yankees and I believe they were down in the Dominican Republic a few weeks ago.

All three of them said, to a man, that Jasson Dominquez is scary good. Like video game creation; sports movie phenom type good.

Obviously, baseball is an entirely different animal, and a lot can happen, but everyone I've talked to has come away wowed after seeing this kid. I have to admit, I am genuinely intrigued.

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

Lol at this story

all the current players were victims. forced into this by beltran. Including the baseball sheriff himself, Brian McCann. That fraud.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
So I have a few buddies who work for the Yankees and I believe they were down in the Dominican Republic a few weeks ago.

All three of them said, to a man, that Jasson Dominquez is scary good. Like video game creation; sports movie phenom type good.

Obviously, baseball is an entirely different animal, and a lot can happen, but everyone I've talked to has come away wowed after seeing this kid. I have to admit, I am genuinely intrigued.

Have you seen him?

He's either got the greatest genetics of any human who has stepped foot on this planet or hes on every PED imaginable.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Have you seen him?

He's either got the greatest genetics of any human who has stepped foot on this planet or hes on every PED imaginable.

Never in person, only in video.

But I do look forward to seeing him soon. I've had the opportunity to catch several HOF-level players as teenagers and so I am curious to how he looks.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Never in person, only in video.

But I do look forward to seeing him soon. I've had the opportunity to catch several HOF-level players as teenagers and so I am curious to how he looks.

Even in video. His physique is ridiculous for anyone, let alone someone his age.

Now there is also a chance he is lying about that, but thats tougher to get away with these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->