OT: MLB Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Yankees are good in the infield. Imagine DJ slides to 2nd and Gleyber is the SS for the next decade. I'd try Sanchez at 1B. Does Voit have a future with this team? Bring Romine back and sign a back up.

Urshela is a fine 3B. Andujar should be DH'ing if he's not dealt. Maybe Cashman trades Stanton and brings back Gardner for a year until Hicks is better.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I haven't been following that closely, but are there any infielders that would be available that could be returned for a guy like Andujar?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Yeah, I'd pass on Bell. He's more of the same of what we already have. I hate the guy because he killed us in the ALCS, but I'd love to find a way to get another player like Brantley that just knows how to put the ball in play and play good defense.

The Yankees have enough of feast or famine players at the plate with average to poor fielding capabilities in Andujar, Stanton, and Sanchez.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, I'd pass on Bell. He's more of the same of what we already have. I hate the guy because he killed us in the ALCS, but I'd love to find a way to get another player like Brantley that just knows how to put the ball in play and play good defense.

The Yankees have enough of feast or famine players at the plate with average to poor fielding capabilities in Andujar, Stanton, and Sanchez.
Offensively, I would disagree.

He walks like crazy and doesn't strike out at all. He's exactly the type of player you mentioned aside from the defense.

He's also a lefty (switch-hitter but menza menz)

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

I agree. I would probably be more inclined to just play Voit at 1b and DH Sanchez (unless he actually takes his off-season training seriously)

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Sounds about right. 7 year deal should get it done.

Doubt he takes the same length Strasburg just got considering he's 2 years younger. Take those 2 years right on, you're at a 9 year deal.

Funniest is how these guys are like I want a 9 year deal, some longevity in my life. Also I want to be able to opt out every odd year.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Cole will only get 9 years if the Angels get desperate and stupid.

I mean, if we're criticizing Bell for his defense at first and playing Voit there...

I'm better defensively than Luke Voit.

bell is horriawful on D. He makes Alonso look like the 1B equivalent to Simmons.
His bat is crazy and would really play in YS though.

it’s an idea worth visiting.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I get a sense that Cashman doesn't want to go over $300 million. We'll see what happens.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If they want to stay with 7 years, $280M gives him an AAV of $40M. A deal of 8/300 gives him an AAV of $37.5M.

I would think those are the ideal deals. Going over $300M would be rough, but 8/320 gives an AAV of $40M.

I wouldn't go longer on term than 8 years, and I don't think other teams want to either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad