OT: MLB Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
The Yankees want quality depth at SP going into next year. Just about every interview that Cashman has he brings it up. He references the injury and other issues that plagued the SPs last season. Ownership has stated they dont care about the luxury tax, at least for next season.

Tanaka/Paxton will be here next year. I think they make offers to both Cole and Strasburg. I doubt both will accept but if they did they'd make it work, at least for next season.

I think if they sign either Happ will get dealt before the season.

Cole
Severino
Paxton
Tanaka
Montgomery/Schmidt/Garcia

Or

Cole
Strasburg
Severino
Paxton
Tanaka

Reactions: RGY

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I wonder what would happen if Stras did accept the Yankees offer before Cole can decide anything. Do the Yankees still go in for the kill and get Cole, or would they completely back out of negotiations?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Strasburg has re-signed with the Nats
Knew there was a slim chance he'd sign elsewhere but this is expected. Now go out and get Cole, Cashman.

The reported initial offer is very good. A couple of opt outs or player options after year 3 and 5 may be needed to get this over the line. 10 years is insane. I'd go 7 or 8 the most.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Strasburg has re-signed with the Nats
Stanley-Hudson-Blinking-The-Office.gif

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Knew there was a slim chance he'd sign elsewhere but this is expected. Now go out and get Cole, Cashman.

The reported initial offer is very good. A couple of opt outs or player options after year 3 and 5 may be needed to get this over the line. 10 years is insane. I'd go 7 or 8 the most.
Stras $245 million for 7 years is $35 million/year. Being 2 years younger I think Cole will want more $/year and more years.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
The Yankees want quality depth at SP going into next year. Just about every interview that Cashman has he brings it up. He references the injury and other issues that plagued the SPs last season. Ownership has stated they dont care about the luxury tax, at least for next season.

Tanaka/Paxton will be here next year. I think they make offers to both Cole and Strasburg. I doubt both will accept but if they did they'd make it work, at least for next season.

I think if they sign either Happ will get dealt before the season.

Cole
Severino
Paxton
Tanaka
Montgomery/Schmidt/Garcia

Or

Cole
Strasburg
Severino
Paxton
Tanaka

Are we completely sure German won't be back with us next season?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Morosi and Sherman believe that Cole will make his decision during the winter meetings.

Obviously, the Stras signing does change things up a bit.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
So based on the Nats owner, Rendon is going to be on another team. He kills the Mets, so him moving anywhere outside the NL east is super beneficially. Maybe he'll head to Texas to cash in. They're interested and have the no state taxes.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Isn't Torres going to move over? In which case they need a 2b? But couldn't LeMahieu slide over to 2b and they would need to find a 1b?
Yep it seems like we will need a 1B or 3B this year.

Let's get Rendon and Cole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad