OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
TBH I wouldn't be surprised if Girardi is back with the Marlins. It seems they're firing the entire world down there as of late. If that happens then Mattingly may end up here

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
so baseball can still be fun as long as the mets aren't involved lol

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Can't believe the Dodgers lost after that Scully pre-game. Disgraceful.

Why do players get triggered by bat-flips in general? Don't want one, then don't allow the HR. I bet Sheriff McCann was low-key hating it in the dugout.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That was better than any SCF game since 2013

Can't believe the Dodgers lost after that Scully pre-game. Disgraceful.

Why do players get triggered by bat-flips in general? Don't want one, then don't allow the HR. I bet Sheriff McCann was low-key hating it in the dugout.

I thought the Bautista one was excessive, but generally I agree.

Reactions: ponzu4u

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Wow the Yankees made the call on not bringing him back.

If you look at the body of work from this season, it's deserved but you would have thought that the team did enough to save him.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I expect one of three scenarios really. Girardi either goes to the Nats, goes to the Marlins if Mattingly is fired or doesn't manage at all. It's either Thompson or Mattingly I think for the Yankees. Assuming Girardi goes to D.C. I think Long is back with the Mets as my source says they will overpay to prevent him lateralling to the Nats in the same position

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It won't be Mattingly. I doubt it's Thompson either. Pedrique makes a ton of sense, all the young guys have played for him and adore him.

Think Mickey Callaway wishes he could reverse time right now?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It won't be Mattingly. I doubt it's Thompson either. Pedrique makes a ton of sense, all the young guys have played for him and adore him.

Think Mickey Callaway wishes he could reverse time right now?

He's old though. I hate hiring managers, especially first time ones at 57

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Wow the Yankees made the call on not bringing him back.

If you look at the body of work from this season, it's deserved but you would have thought that the team did enough to save him.
Everything I see said it was Girardi's decision. Where did you see that it was the Yankees who didn't want him back?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Everything I see said it was Girardi's decision. Where did you see that it was the Yankees who didn't want him back?

Again, there are going to be a ton of over emotional reactions to this because of the way things ended up going, but the fact of the matter is he completely blew the division and made an all time blunder in game 2 of the ALDS. I'm glad that the latter won't tarnish his legacy but this is completely deserved, albeit a bit shocking.

Just don't hire Don Mattingly or Dusty Baker and we'll be fine.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I think Mattingly is a great fit for the job. He knows the game and has dealt with fairly young players in Miami.

I’m not too keen on Thompson or Pedrique.

But have no idea where this will go. I dont care that the kids adore Pedrique. I want a veteran manager who will be tough with these kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad