OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I am not saying it a straight apples to apples comparison. You simply cannot compare baseball rosters to hockey rosters due to the constant call ups of players and how many lower tier leagues there affiliated teams there are for each MLB team. You have a way larger pool. I think its even harder with baseball to decipher who is going to blossom into a good/great/superstar major leaguer than it is with Hockey. In baseball so many teams hit on a later round picks because those kids go through multiple levels of development (obviously some skip levels). And on top of all this, during that development these players have the opportunity to change positions, even from position player to pitcher, as well find a niche role that allows them to stick in the Majors for several years.

I think it is way more important in hockey to do what Gorton has done and stockpile prospects and 1st/2nd round picks because while they may not be superstars there is a good chance to be NHLers at some point. I think Gorton has positioned the team to turn the rebuild around quicker than expected. Cleared out salary, added already drafted prospects, and will add more in the upper rounds as opposed to years of starting our draft at the bottom of the 2nd round and/or 3rd round in which we missed on draft pick selections because at those points the percentages drop.

It is harder in baseball.

But the fact of the matter is that they've had a handful of guys come up since August of 2015 who have turned into instant impact, all star (and MVP) caliber players.

It doesn't matter what the sport is, you need those level of players.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And yes I criticize the Yankees, but my criticism of the Yankees is that I don't think they'll win the WS this year. My criticism of the Rangers is they make me wanna swallow knives.

Apples to oranges, indeed.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Let's not forget that the Yankees can raid Latin American market which is a gold mine. Rangers can't. Severino cost them 225k, that's it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Let's not forget that the Yankees can raid Latin American market which is a gold mine. Rangers can't. Severino cost them 225k, that's it.

No NHL team can raid the Latin market. Didn't stop almost all of them from being more competent than the Rangers.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There are probably no more than 10 organizations I can say are run better than the rangers....and that's probably and over estimation
A team with one Cup that the living remember is a top 10 organization? Lol.

And it's not just about Cups. The Yankees have three players who would be among the best Rangers of all-time offensively.

For a team with limitless appeal and financial resources, the Rangers are among the worst teams in sports at producing star players. The Knicks are better at it.

Reactions: All Might

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Loasiga is really impressive boys

I like him a bit more than German (although i think both have the chance to be studs), his slider and changeup are pretty filthy

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
A team with one Cup that the living remember is a top 10 organization? Lol.

And it's not just about Cups. The Yankees have three players who would be among the best Rangers of all-time offensively.

For a team with limitless appeal and financial resources, the Rangers are among the worst teams in sports at producing star players. The Knicks are better at it.
Name me teams who have won the cup since 94. Those are the only teams that you can say are run better for sure. Last 10 to 15 years how many teams have won more games? Not many.

I love you man...but sometimes your posts crapping all over the rangers are insufferable

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Loasiga definitely has the stuff,just needs to work on his command.Also need to remember hes making the jump straight from double a ball.

Reactions: Bozle

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Not sure why Boone doesnt bring in Warren last inning.Hes a better long relief option over Shreve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad