OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The subpar rotation has held up just fine.

IF you think that the offense is going to continue to sleep you're insane.

I don't understand why every time they drop a game it turns into friggin dooms day in this thread, let alone lose to a good team at the top of their division.

I shutter to think what this place would look like if the Yankees dropped 2 of 3 at home to the ****ing White Sox like the Juggernaut Red Sox just did.

We didn't lose to Houston because of our pitching and games like these make it obvious our approach at the plate hasn't been addressed.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
And we lost after scoring 3 runs in their building in 4 games.

All or nothing.

Astros were even worse at Yankee Stadium.

That series was literally decided on who had home-field advantage each game. If the Yankees did, they'd have likely beaten Houston.

Yankees will be fine. They're not going to win every single game (as much as we want them to)

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Our only pure home run hitter is Stanton. All or nothing type. Sanchez and Judge are good hitters that happened to have lot of power.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Astros were even worse at Yankee Stadium.

That series was literally decided on who had home-field advantage each game. If the Yankees did, they'd have likely beaten Houston.

Yankees will be fine. They're not going to win every single game (as much as we want them to)
We're looking at road games again if we don't win our division and right now, I think Boston is a better team.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
2nd in all of baseball in OBP. That's not all or nothing team.
You brushed over our flaws last year and what happened?

Not saying it isn't a good team but this is the best the AL has ever been. We don't match up against the very best in a series.

We need two starters, another arm in the pen, and another bat if Sanchez is going to be Sal Fasano all year. Better be busy at the deadline.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You brushed over our flaws last year and what happened?

Not saying it isn't a good team but this is the best the AL has ever been. We don't match up against the very best in a series.

We need two starters, another arm in the pen, and another bat if Sanchez is going to be Sal Fasano all year. Better be busy at the deadline.

We took World Series Champs to 7 games. Stanton/Gleyber/Andujar make us a better team compared to last season.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We took World Series Champs to 7 games. Stanton/Gleyber/Andujar make us a better team compared to last season.
With worse pitching and imagine if we released Sanchez, because that's pretty much where we're at compared to last year.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Our only flaw is the rotation. Would love to add another TOR and mid rotation starter.

Mad Bum and Hamels would be perfect unfortunately I think Mad Bum is a pipe dream.

MadBum/Severino/Tanaka/Hamels.

Reactions: Bozle

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And deadline hasn't passed yet so step off the ledge. Why can't you just enjoy one of the best teams in baseball on nightly basis?
I think we've really played like shit recently and stole games we had no business winning. Scrub teams like the Mets and Blue Jays were an absolute chore.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think we've really played like **** recently and stole games we had no business winning. Scrub teams like the Mets and Blue Jays were an absolute chore.

And Astros played like crap for almost a month midseason last year. Every team wins games they had no business winning. They've also lost games they should've won. It's what happens over 162 games.

3rd best run differential in baseball tells me we've played pretty well so far.

Reactions: Go Away Staal

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I mean Boston just lost 2/3 against the White Sox. White Sox are dreadful. The beauty of baseball is that anyone can take a 3-game series at any point. You run into a hot pitcher, hot bullpen, hitter on a hot streak OR you go cold, your pitcher gets shelled. No team ever in the history of the game can bring it night in night out for 162 games.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
I mean Boston just lost 2/3 against the White Sox. White Sox are dreadful. The beauty of baseball is that anyone can take a 3-game series at any point. You run into a hot pitcher, hot bullpen, hitter on a hot streak OR you go cold, your pitcher gets shelled. No team ever in the history of the game can bring it night in night out for 162 games.
This a great point. Also, Baseball has the best history and it's the best fantasy sport. The Super Bowl is relatively young, the NBA decided to fold 4 teams because fans didn't care about the league before Magic/Bird prevented that and saved the league, some casual fans (not me) don't appreciate the size of the O6 NHL, and the average 2017 NHL playoff game was watched by less than 830K Americans.

Baseball isn't perfect, but the other sports aren't either and baseball does have some great strengths. Some claim the average fan is in their 50s. I don't know if I believe that, but the NFL and NBA have really taken off since 79 and I'd like to see baseball steal some of their momentum back.

Last edited:
Reactions: NCRanger

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Cannot wait until we acquire Brad Hand so we can send Shreve on the next bus out of town. Stop throwing numbers at me. Its foolish. Is stuff is trash mediocre garbage and the minute he faces a quality hitter/a good hitting team he becomes irrelevant.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I think we've really played like **** recently and stole games we had no business winning. Scrub teams like the Mets and Blue Jays were an absolute chore.

+91 Run differential behind only Houston and boston. Pythag says they probably are playing 3 wins above their expected record.

Reactions: darko

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Hand has 3 years left after this one on a team friendly deal. I don't think people will like the price to acquire. I could see Houston going all in for him with their bullpen woes.

Reactions: darko

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hand has 3 years left after this one on a team friendly deal. I don't think people will like the price to acquire. I could see Houston going all in for him with their bullpen woes.
The Mets will send over Swarzak and Gsellman for pennies on the dollar to spite the Yankees, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->