New Jersey
Still watching

LegalUnkemptHind-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Machinehead

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Metsies pen has been bonkers this year. 11-1 largely because the pen holds every lead.

Also great to see Fam is on point.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Familia with an insane save. Pitched lights out and well as the pen. This team is something else. I'm excited for the Nats series coming up in Queens, it's going to be absolutely electric

Reactions: nyr2k2

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
For someone that does not active;y follow the yanks, what happened to/with Betances in the last couple years?

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
For someone that does not active;y follow the yanks, what happened to/with Betances in the last couple years?

Betances had some rough outings to end 2016 when he was put into the closer's role after Miller and Chapman were traded at the TDL. Things got heated in an arbitration hearing that winter with Randy Levine saying he's not a closer and calling him Dylan instead of Dellin. Betances ended up making the All-Star game in 2017 before losing his command during the 2nd half and playoffs which has pretty much remained non-existent since. Combine that with his inability to hold runners on; every walk and single turns into a double, triple, or in Kevin Pillar's case, a run scored on a steal of home. Either he can't fix his mechanics or it's all mental, but he looks completely lost out on the mound more times than not.

Edited to fill in some gaps.

Last edited:

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Long story shorter: Things got heated in an arbitration hearing two winters ago with Randy Levine saying he's not a closer and calling him Dylan instead of Dellin. Betances' command has pretty much become non existent since the 2nd half of last year. Combine that with his inability to hold runners on; every walk and single turns into a double, triple, or in Kevin Pillar's case, a run scored on a steal of home. Either he can't fix his mechanics or it's all mental, but he looks completely lost out on the mound more times than not.
I knew about the arbitration stuff, but didn't know what happened with him on the field. Thanks

Reactions: 2Leetch_94

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Torreyes sucked as recently as yesterday lol
Torreyes has always been a good utility guy. He'll spray singles and that's about it, but sometimes that's all you need. The fact he's so versatile is why he's so good. You need guys like him, and he's a really good utility guy.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Hopefully Hicks can kick-start our offense. Top 3 hitter for us last year when healthy.
Hicks is a very gifted player, he just had trouble putting it all together in Minnesota and has struggled to stay healthy with us. He can play all outfield positions, is a switch hitter, can hit decently well and has some power. He was drafted as a five-tool talent, and you can see why. He'll never be a true 5 tool player in the sense that every one of the tools is a plus, but not a single one of his tools is "bad", more good to very good rather than great. He's unquestionably starter material, it's just crowded in our OF right now. I'm guessing he'll be our starting CF next year after Gardner's contract ends.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'd have him start every game at center and keep Stanton/Judge rotation at DH/RF. Or even rotate all of our outfielders with the DH position to keep them all fresh and injury free.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
If it makes you feel better, Angels paid Pujols 26 mill last season to put up -1.9 WAR in 149 games.

Ignoring the super wealthy athlete part, I actually feel pretty shitty for Pujols and how bad he has gotten. He was f***ing terrible last year.

And that contract has like 4 more years too. RIP

Reactions: darko

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
The fact they postponed the game until tomorrow pisses me off. The weather is fine now. They could have easily fit in the game between now and midnight-ish when the weather turns to shit again. They didn't even wait, they cancelled it before the game was scheduled to even start. It makes no f***ing sense. Now, if the weather is awful tomorrow and they can't play any games, you have to have a makeup double header. It's f***ing stupid. At the very least they could have waited a few hours before calling the game.

Reactions: Bozle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad