MLB the show 20

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
it used to be that people took advantage of slow catcher animations to get easy hits by bunting. This was called bunt cheesing. But that was many years ago. Alot of people still rely on the low change up, but one thing i m seeing alot of is the slurve being over used.
Ya and I wouldn't even compare it to "glitch goals" either. Its a lot more user involved, which I like. Compare it to Madden or NHL for instance. You have a bunch of CPU players playing for you and your opponent so you are relying on them to be in the right position and what not. In this game, its all user based. The cpu doesn't really do anything for you besides making the initial reactions and what not. People aren't relying on the cpu which imo makes this game the best.

Last edited:

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Okay, I need help with bunting. I don't know where to place my bunts, and even if I do, it either means my lead runner is out, or I ground into a double play. Is there any advice you can give me please?

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Okay, I need help with bunting. I don't know where to place my bunts, and even if I do, it either means my lead runner is out, or I ground into a double play. Is there any advice you can give me please?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I don't even bother with bunting. It's a guaranteed double play with a person on 1st.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Could someone help me get ground balls, please? My D-backs have several pitchers that have sinkers, but they seem to be unable to get the groundballs, especially in Double Play scenarios. Several of my relievers have ERA in the 10's.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Could someone help me get ground balls, please? My D-backs have several pitchers that have sinkers, but they seem to be unable to get the groundballs, especially in Double Play scenarios. Several of my relievers have ERA in the 10's.
My fav ground ball pitch is a low and away cutter going the opposite way of the batter. Works a lot better than a sinker for me.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
a bunch of twitch streamers tell me the same thing that they compare it to risk, I've played Risk and I'm still struggling to understand what to do here.
Conquest is easily manipulated because the AI is very bad. They will almost never attack your stronghold. You get reinforcements based on how many territories you own. Right from the start you just want to grab as many of the empty hexagons as you can. I usually head straight west and get as many empty ones as I can. I skip the steal fans phase because it doesn’t matter. You will get reinforcements after that phase, pile every reinforcement into one hexagon and use that to conquer as many territories as you can(because that’s how you get even more reinforcements). Eventually you’ll have a hexagon if 50+ going up again a bunch of 2, 3, and 4 hexagons, so you’ll just walk right through them, which I turn gives you even more reinforcements. I don’t even worry about the strongholds until I’ve pretty much captured every regular hexagon. At that point it’s over basically because the CPU won’t ever get enough territories to make any sort of impact. Then you go back and play every stronghold game on Veteran or Rookie and sleepwalk to victory.

Reactions: Sniper99

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Team update. I decided to go with a speed team. It's as follows...

SS: 95 Vidal Brujan
2B: 84 Xavier Edwards
LF: Speedy CAP
RF: 95 Trout
1B: 89 Gallo
C: 87 Sanchez
CF: 87 Buxton
3b: 85 Mondesi

I Have the power on the bench

89 Soto
99 Posey
80 Moustakas
92 Matthews
88 Torres

Really liking it so far. Opposing players get really flustered trying to keep my guys from stealing which leads to a lot of misplaces pitches. Finally had enough stubs to get Trout so I pulled the trigger. As NMS I figured it was a safe investment as his price will only go higher I would think.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
for those that play diamond dynasty how has your pack luck been?

Mine has been no different than '17 '18 '19. my best card I pulled was diamond Arenado, the rest were Cobb (value wise, meh) got Yates in a double daily (meh, but helps complete a collection I suppose) and just recently Matt Chapman (see Yates).

The rest of my diamonds have come through the XP grind. Seems like everyone else I see on twitch is pulling Trout like its going out of style, some have pulled him multiple times. When I get a pack whether its through XP or the odd purchase all I expect is bronze or common. In all the sports games i've watched i'd say MLB is the worst when it comes to packs.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Mine has been no different than '17 '18 '19. my best card I pulled was diamond Arenado, the rest were Cobb (value wise, meh) got Yates in a double daily (meh, but helps complete a collection I suppose) and just recently Matt Chapman (see Yates).

The rest of my diamonds have come through the XP grind. Seems like everyone else I see on twitch is pulling Trout like its going out of style, some have pulled him multiple times. When I get a pack whether its through XP or the odd purchase all I expect is bronze or common. In all the sports games i've watched i'd say MLB is the worst when it comes to packs.
I have not bought a single pack this year or last year. All my packs are from the free packs you get from playing the game. So far, I have pulled a total of 0 diamonds lol. That includes equipment.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

I have had some luck lately with packs, but they came from the free packs or team affinity packs. If I buy those headline packs i tend to only get silvers so I dont buy any. I have pulled Yates, Buehler, Freeman, Lindor, and De Grom. I haven't pulled any diamond equipment, but I did get Forbes Field in my most resent game, a loss to boot.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I got an issue with the game:

Sometimes, when I try to double switch, instead of asking with the player I should substitute, the game goes ahead and just swaps the pitchers (new pitcher in the right spot, but the old is where the batter should be). Is there a way to fix this?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Found these videos to be very informative. Its a series of videos where the creator live commentates his thought process throughout the game. For an average player like myself, it definitely showed me some things to look out for.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad