MLB the show 20

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Excited about the release tonight although I'm fairly certain the servers always break on launch night. Hoping to really get a good start on my Diamond Dynasty team.
The servers have actually been really good the past 2 years on launch night. There have been other bugs that caused a raucous on launch night though. Just noticed I had 50k points towards my Playsation credit card which is enough for a $50 PSN card. That's going straight to stubs. Should be the last time I buy stubs though. I regret buying stubs last year because it became way too easy to build a great team.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Was watching the SDS stream and it showed a "play replay" feature where your opponent presses L3 and it shows the replay of the HR. I don't remember this being a thing in past games (been playing since 17). I really hope you can skip these. It was one of my main gripes with the NHL series in being forced into watching replays.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
The starter Showdown was very do-able. I’m terrible at this game but I was able to do it rather easily. Just a heads up if you haven’t done it yet, pick one starting pitcher in the draft and NO relievers! You never have to use your bullpen. It’s almost all about hitting. I made the mistake of drafting Hader over Francisco Lindor because I thought there’d be some late inning pitching, but there isn’t in the entire showdown. Highly recommend the mode. It was fun and a bit nerve racking.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The starter Showdown was very do-able. I’m terrible at this game but I was able to do it rather easily. Just a heads up if you haven’t done it yet, pick one starting pitcher in the draft and NO relievers! You never have to use your bullpen. It’s almost all about hitting. I made the mistake of drafting Hader over Francisco Lindor because I thought there’d be some late inning pitching, but there isn’t in the entire showdown. Highly recommend the mode. It was fun and a bit nerve racking.
I'm so mad at myself for only getting 5 out of 6 completed lol. As far as the regular ones go, it looks like its completely worth it. It costs 50 stubs to enter and in the first match, i made up the stubs back and then some. The missions seem a lot harder though. I also didn't get to choose as many players as the starter one. Fun little gamemode though. I will definitely be playing some more of this.

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal
How the hell does Conquest mode work?

Also, I would down for an online league. I assume you can use your DD team for that?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Small but important change in the latest update. You can now exchange and quicksell duplicate “no sell” cards. When you do collections you get a pack that has 2 silver and 2 bronze cards from the team you just collected, but they’re “no sell” along with the ones you already collected, so you have two copies and you couldn’t do anything with any of them. This is an excellent change, though I wish they’d go back to allowing you to quick sell and exchange all no sell cards.

Reactions: Hammettf2b

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Updated my DD team's jerseys. For years I went with the Direwolves, now I have switched houses and am currently the Casterly Rock Lions.

upload_2020-3-30_22-8-19.jpeg

Reactions: Roman Fell

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I think my team is set for online play now. Giving NMS a try this year so its definitely a grind.

2nd - Prospect Xavier Edwards
LF - Speed focused CAP
SS - FOTF Gleyber Torres
RF - FOTF Joey Gallo
C - Gold Gary Sánchez
1B - FOTF Anthony Rizzo
CF - Curtis Granderson
3B - FOTF Whit Merrifield

Roy Oswalt
Greg Maddux
Felix Hernandez
Orel Hershiser
Alex Reyes

My bullpen is pretty trash. The only diamond there is the free Kerry Wood.

Reactions: The Head Crusher

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
CF - Future Stars Victor Robles (87)
LF - All Star Curtis Granderson (85)
3B - Face of the Franchise Vlad Guerrero Jr. (85)
RF - Live Series J.D Martinez (84)
1B - All Star Todd Helton (91)
2B - All Star Brian Roberts (83)
SS - Live Series Trea Turner (82)
C - Veteran Gary Carter (84)

Bench: Breakout Steve Finley, LS Olsen, LS J. Turner, Rookie Mays, Veteren Thomas.

P - All Star Greg Maddox (88)
P - LS Corey Kluber (84)
P - Veteran A.J Burnett (84)
P - LS Zack Greikne (84)
P - Veteran Brett Saberhagen (83)

BP - LS Will Smith (82)
BP - LS Roberto Osuna (83)
BP - LS Kenley Jensen (82)
BP - LS Ken Giles (84)
BP - All Star Kerry Wood (85)
BP - Post Season Mariano Rivera (87)
BP - LS Kirby Yates (87)

Yates was my only Diamond Pull to this point, the rest were unlocked. Currently working on that Tatis Jr. Face of the Franchise card. 7 point away.

Reactions: Hammettf2b

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Still on that NMS grind. Just picked up Chapman, Kluber, and Posey. The team is filling out nicely. Watched a hitting tip video by pitching rebel (considered to be the best player in the world) and it actually did help. Was def seeing the ball better.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Still on that NMS grind. Just picked up Chapman, Kluber, and Posey. The team is filling out nicely. Watched a hitting tip video by pitching rebel (considered to be the best player in the world) and it actually did help. Was def seeing the ball better.

Beat him once in 15 or 16 iirc. Though I thought YourFriendKyle over took him.

I have found since this last update the game seems off. Haven't played online in a couple days but it seemed like every game became a Homerun Derby. Plus it is annoying how it take 2-3 games to find an opponent to play because they hate facing a diamond pitcher.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Are there equivalents to "glitch goals" from EA NHL games in "The Show"? Always wondered how that would work with online play. It's been so long since the last time i played a baseball game online.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Are there equivalents to "glitch goals" from EA NHL games in "The Show"? Always wondered how that would work with online play. It's been so long since the last time i played a baseball game online.
The only thing I can think of is ppl throwing high sinkers because it is such a good pitch. Other than that, you are basically relied upon your own skill.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
The only thing I can think of is ppl throwing high sinkers because it is such a good pitch. Other than that, you are basically relied upon your own skill.

it used to be that people took advantage of slow catcher animations to get easy hits by bunting. This was called bunt cheesing. But that was many years ago. Alot of people still rely on the low change up, but one thing i m seeing alot of is the slurve being over used.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->