MLB the show 20

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Anything you're hoping for in this installment?

Me? This:

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry, this is the only MVP Baseball Depth Chart image I can find.

Edit: Why did I forget the word "find"? The world may never know...

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I like the new defensive aspects they are adding. I wonder how the new throw meter mechanics will effect the people that don't use button accuracy.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
As a now XB1 owner, reading this makes me happy. Especially if I buy another Microsoft console in the future.
should be interesting how much it changes when the game finally goes multiplatform. (this is the last year its a Sony exclusive) There will be so much more power they can work with. The only thing that scares me is the man power they have. They admittedly say they have a bunch of great ideas but can only work on a couple each year because of how short staffed they are.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I like the new defensive aspects they are adding. I wonder how the new throw meter mechanics will effect the people that don't use button accuracy.

it threw me off a bit in the beta. I am a traditionalist so I like just hitting O to throw to first so my first couple throws were terrible.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
After watching the sandiego studio stream on twitch, im jumping for joy for the amount of minor league players they have league wide. No more days of pre-ordering, then waiting upwards of a week after release for good user created rosters to be uploaded.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
After watching the sandiego studio stream on twitch, im jumping for joy for the amount of minor league players they have league wide. No more days of pre-ordering, then waiting upwards of a week after release for good user created rosters to be uploaded.
I am disappointed they seemed to half ass the franchise relocation. Even if they can't let us create our own stadiums they could have created a handful of generic ones to use so we don't have to just pick from already in use MLB stadiums.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Anything you're hoping for in this installment?

Me? This:

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry, this is the only MVP Baseball Depth Chart image I can find.

Edit: Why did I forget the word "find"? The world may never know...

I want a feature where the rumble pack rumbles to tell you the pitch

Reactions: BigMac1212
Sep 19, 2008

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
That Showdown mode looks cool, but I doubt I'll play it much. I can't play with that batting cursor(PCI I think it's called), and they almost always force you to use that in those challenges. I just much prefer using timing as my hitting interface, but that's not usually an option in those things, which I understand because it's much easier. I just can't get used to the PCI thing. Maybe if that mode is fun enough I'll put some time into using it and hopefully master it so I can complete the other hitting challenges too.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
That Showdown mode looks cool, but I doubt I'll play it much. I can't play with that batting cursor(PCI I think it's called), and they almost always force you to use that in those challenges. I just much prefer using timing as my hitting interface, but that's not usually an option in those things, which I understand because it's much easier. I just can't get used to the PCI thing. Maybe if that mode is fun enough I'll put some time into using it and hopefully master it so I can complete the other hitting challenges too.
It's definitely worth getting used to using the PCI when hitting. Timing really hinders you especially if your opponent figures out you're using timing. (assuming you play online).

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
finally bought the pre-order of MVP edition, didnt buy into the hype of MLB '20 like i did for '19 and '18 only to be disappointed, avoided all the SDS dev streams too. Hoping for a better year.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Excited about the release tonight although I'm fairly certain the servers always break on launch night. Hoping to really get a good start on my Diamond Dynasty team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->