OT: MLB 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Callaway out. No surprise there, especially with the Mets GM also being the agent for some of his players.

I just don't understand why he wouldn't let Syndergaard use his personal catcher. The team had no offense, so why not keep the runs scored down.

As a Mets fan I will never root for the Nationals. I've got nothing against Milwaukee

Even against Atlanta???

Atlanta could eat shit like the Patriots for the next 50 years and it wouldn't be enough

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
I really don't like any of them but for whatever reason the Nationals top my list of hated teams. The Nationals have had better teams and seasons since the Phillies last run of greatness and the Barves before that. I know they haven't won a playoff series but other than 2015 the Nationals just constantly make the Mets their bitch. At least the Mets had a good 3-4 season run where they dominated crappy Phillies teams and the Barves flattened out until a few years ago.

Whatever it is, it looks like the Barves are going back to being everyone's Daddy for another 15 years (at least in the regular season).

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Perfect. I can put the Devils game on the big screen at 7 and keep the Yanks on the laptop now. Hope we can rest the pen too (not that they need it).

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
When the offense is having a big inning where the opposing team makes a pitching change, Why don’t pitchers go below the dugout to do some soft throwing to keep their arm loose?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
When the offense is having a big inning where the opposing team makes a pitching change, Why don’t pitchers go below the dugout to do some soft throwing to keep their arm loose?

I would think that even though it’s “soft” throwing, it is still adding to the pitch count in some way just by being more stress on the arm.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Houston panicked pitching Verlander on short rest up 2-1...I get you want Verlander and Cole pitching 4 of the 5 games but Verlander's not gonna be vintage pitching on three days when he's almost never done it and he's older.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
To be fair the Nationals are better than the Twins. The AL central is absolute crap.

I am so conflicted with that game last night as well as the Barves game. I loved waking up to hear that the Doyers and Kershaw choked but also not happy at all for the Gnats. I also enjoyed watching the Barves get pounded but despise the Cardinals.

I've already decided if it's Gnats vs. Yanks I am going to have to root for NY :skeptic::skeptic::skeptic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->