OT: MLB 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Been watching the Thunder games Sevy,DP, Monty and Tarplay all pitched on a rehab. ALL LOOK GOOD

Tarpley is back Sevy Coming back tomorrow DP has one more Thunder game Monty ?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Geez this guy pulled a Martin Gramatica...and it's usually the Mets with the weird injuries.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Welp guess Domingo German's in deep ****

The Yankees playoff rotation is now basically what...Tanaka, Paxton, Severino who's pitched four innings all year and the opener?

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Welp guess Domingo German's in deep ****

The Yankees playoff rotation is now basically what...Tanaka, Paxton, Severino who's pitched four innings all year and the opener?
I was about to ask what you were talking about because I saw German pitch on Wednesday in relief of Sabathia, but then I saw the cover of the Post this guy on the subway was reading. What a moron. Hands off women, please.

I think that Boone will rely heavily on the bullpen as he’s done all year, but the postseason is a whole different ballgame and you’d like some mileage out of your starters.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Did another black cat run out on the field?. It is like the 50th anniversary

7.5 out when not long ago it was a 3 game lead….a choke for the ages

i might think that '16 was a 'one and done' at this point

….im just waiting to see what they do offseason

Last edited:

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Ugh, well, looks likely we'll be playing the Astros with road field disadvantage if we make it to the Pennant (pending some freak upset by the Rays/A's in the ALDS). f***ing despise them. They're now in my second-most-hated slot that was occupied by the Jays roughly three-five years ago.

Fun fact: The Dumpster Fire, mostly Hall-less Devils of 2018-19 drew more fans per game than a 95-win Rays team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think Girardi is the next Cub manager unless Theo really is hard on about following the crowd and not paying for a manager. It would be a bit hypocritical to complain about Maddon making a lot of money then just replace him with another big name with a big salary.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I think Girardi is the next Cub manager unless Theo really is hard on about following the crowd and not paying for a manager. It would be a bit hypocritical to complain about Maddon making a lot of money then just replace him with another big name with a big salary.

our infield was hurt hard down the stretch yes…it was difficult to see the collapse

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2019

AWAYHOMETIMENETWORKPITCHING MATCHUPINFO
MIL WAS 8:08 pmTBSTBD vs
Max Scherzer
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
ALL TIMES IN EASTERN STANDARD
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2019

AWAYHOMETIMENETWORKPITCHING MATCHUPINFO
TB OAK 8:09 pmESPNCharlie Morton vs TBD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
ALL TIMES IN EASTERN STANDARD

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Watching the Nationals win like that last night was puke inducing. Now I have to root for the Doyers and pray to God that the Cardinals somehow beat the Barves

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
As a Mets fan I will never root for the Nationals. I've got nothing against Milwaukee

i should be more mad at my cubbies for choking than the brewers stupid hot streak at the end of the season to take the WC spot….but its all over for them anyways now

…and theres not much for me to root for left…..a few blegh and a bunch of indifference

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
lol so if we beat Minnesota we need to go through either the incredible Astros or pain-in-the-ass Rays. (Only benefit of facing the latter is having seven home games in the ALCS, not that that prevents the Rays from beating us at the Trop.)

Wonderful.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No surprises.

Paxton, Tanaka, Sevy will start in that order. So they will have Tanaka available out of the pen in Game 5 if needed.

Makes sense to me. Wasn’t comfortable giving Sevy two potential starts so soon. Tanaka has to pitch at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->