MLB regular season thread - part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The fact that the Mets could never retaliate on Utley after his dirty as hell slide in the playoffs is crap. In addition MLB rescinded his suspension. Everyone knew this was coming at some point. Syndergaard's pitch had intent, but he came nowhere close to the head. Warn him and move on. That's the issue I have. There was no intent to injure. It was a message to him that he won't mess with us. And the umpire got in the middle of it and for the rest of this game the Mets pitching staff could not throw inside.

Any time you have an intent to hit a batter, there is always potential to injure him so GTFO with that "no intent to injure" BS. I don't mind retaliations but don't play innocent that your only intention is to "send a message." You want him hurt, just admit it. And you'd laugh, too, while watching him suffer an injury.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Any time you have an intent to hit a batter, there is always potential to injure him so GTFO with that "no intent to injure" BS. I don't mind retaliations but don't play innocent that your only intention is to "send a message." You want him hurt, just admit it. And you'd laugh, too, while watching him suffer an injury.

I mean did he really attempt to injure him though? It was absolutely a message pitch and done on purpose to throw behind him but the pitch wasn't even close. So was it just a message pitch throwing behind him or did he intend to hit him and missed horribly? I find it hard to believe that a guy who consistently paints corners misses that terribly when trying to bean someone.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
And I'm another that thought it should have been a warning.

******** reasoning behind the ejection as per the umps themselves.

Cjl_TOUW0AAwSDA.jpg

They do have the ability to toss someone if there is intent as they said but considering there were no warnings issued before the game or series and the fact that they "handle each game individually" there's really no reason why it should have gone straight to an ejection.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I would've given Syndergaard and both benches a warning but I understand why they tossed him. Nip that **** in the bud before it escalates any further.

Don't want to risk ejection? Don't do it or at least don't have your ace and one of the best pitchers in baseball do it. The Mets have no one to blame but themselves here.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
With Syndergaard now trying to pretend his hand was sweaty and the ball slipped, I'm fine with his ejection. If he's gonna lie about it, have fun with that. lol

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
hahahaha utley just about trolling the mets better than anyone could have imagined. so much fun to watch

and let's not act like thor wasn't trying to hit utley. come on people. we all knew it was coming

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The mets had 5 other games before this to do something about it.

It was done last night because he hit the game tying hit the night before in the 9th. It was over and done with until he did that, ultimately Utley brought it on himself by getting that hit as odd as that sounds.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
It was done last night because he hit the game tying hit the night before in the 9th. It was over and done with until he did that, ultimately Utley brought it on himself by getting that hit as odd as that sounds.

Replace the word odd with stupid and you've got something there.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Mets fans need to stop crying. If you're going to be *that* blatant about 'sending a message' or whatever, then don't be surprised if the guy gets tossed.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Mets fans need to stop crying. If you're going to be *that* blatant about 'sending a message' or whatever, then don't be surprised if the guy gets tossed.

I would personally hit Utley tonight. At some point you need to brush him off the plate, throwing behind him doesn't do it. I just hope this guy doesn't end up being traded to the Nats or Cubs or Cardinals or something, just keep him where he can't hurt us. The dodgers are never making the playoffs this year anyway

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
It was a warm one out there last night. Cant prove he did it on purpose.

Same with Matt Bush on Bautista. I guess since he didn't point to the batter and make a throat slash gesture before the pitch we will just never know what the intent of grooving one behind him will ever mean :laugh:

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
hahahaha utley just about trolling the mets better than anyone could have imagined. so much fun to watch

and let's not act like thor wasn't trying to hit utley. come on people. we all knew it was coming

I hope he wasn't trying to hit him. He missed him by about three feet. :laugh:

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
What do you want him to do? Say he wanted to hit him so they could suspend him too?

The Ump's lied too. "It had nothing to do with what happened last fall" ********.

Both sides lying out of their teeth and the quotes from both sides really serve no purpose other than the hysterical sarcasm from Noah.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
What do you want him to do? Say he wanted to hit him so they could suspend him too?

The Ump's lied too. "It had nothing to do with what happened last fall" ********.

Both sides lying out of their teeth and the quotes from both sides really serve no purpose other than the hysterical sarcasm from Noah.

Of course not. I'm just saying don't hide behind the tired old line of "well, there's no way of knowing". Like, we all know. We're not idiots. It was intentional. He got tossed for it. End of story. If the Mets want to continue to throw at batters or behind them then that's on them, but don't complain about getting tossed. This isn't Law & Order or CSI where you need hair samples and a confession on a wire to nail the guy for something that painfully obvious.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Of course not. I'm just saying don't hide behind the tired old line of "well, there's no way of knowing". Like, we all know. We're not idiots. It was intentional. He got tossed for it. End of story. If the Mets want to continue to throw at batters or behind them then that's on them, but don't complain about getting tossed. This isn't Law & Order or CSI where you need hair samples and a confession on a wire to nail the guy for something that painfully obvious.

He cannot admit to throwing at him for fear of suspension. As I said, both sides lied and the statements from both sides are worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->