MLB players talking about strike in near future

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
MLB players are furious, willing to strike over economic system: 'We're all united'

Last thing MLB needs but if it happens hopefully the owners make the MLBPA pay a bitter price for strike especially at time when players are among the most overpaid in sports

Whining about how FA's aren't being overpaid and that teams with no hope of contending aren't spending $15M to bring in a pitcher with 4.5 ERA , etc and complaining that Machado/Harper had to wait so long to be paid

Um it was Machado and Harper who dragged out process and made it circus by demanding absurd $$$

They have legit gripe about service time issue but lose all credibility when they bring up FA and say that players are being unfairly treated by current economic system

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
after the owners and selig shut down mlb in 94 a lot of people are very bitter in 2019 about that

another work stoppage would not be good for the game

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
i'll agree with one of their points for sure.

"years of service" to earn FA status should just be years since drafted, not MLB service time that teams can play around with to delay FA by years

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why would fans support a player strike?

Also the FA nonsense and this "Older players are being forced out by younger guys" is horrible PR

The fact they cite Harper/Machado FA deals as problem is laughable

It was those players who dragged out process and it was those players who demanded absurd amount of $$$ in first place. And this "All teams should spend money on FA even when they have no shot in hell of contending" is just players looking for money grab

I am grateful teams aren't throwing 10-15M a year at pitchers with ERA near 5 just because they are FA and MLBPA demands they be signed at those rates

The only legit issue the MLPBA has is the service time issue. FA and older players not getting big FA deals are absurd nonsense from MLBPA

A strike by players will rightfully turn the fans against them immediately

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
A union with players who make 30 f***ing million a year going on strike. Do it bitch. And when you come back I hope there's a salary cap too

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
images

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i'm with bwc and tampafan.

we all know that the money the owners save from giving to the greedy players will be passed along to baseball fans like me in the form of cheaper concessions, stadium upgrades, cheaper tickets and a check sent to my house.

the players should play for a pittance and live in boxcars that are owned by the team.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If younger guys were paid like the older guys are, they wouldn't feel as forced out after they made their money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad