MLB off-season news & notes thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

so is it papelbon or storen?

unless there is anther closer available that i dont know about (highly unlikely reds trade chapman in division)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Rather have Pollock than Miller, so yes the deal must be expanded if it happens.

I'd rather have Pollock than 2 Millers, but that's just me.

unless there is anther closer available that i dont know about (highly unlikely reds trade chapman in division)

Melancon is on the block...though I don't think the Cubs need any Pirate scrubs.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Paplebon has a better track record, has championship experience and is probably available for cheap, so its likely him.

I could see them going for Chapman tho, Reds may not like dealing in the division but if the offers good enough and they're serious about rebuilding.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Trade Miller for a large haul and sign O'Day without surrendering a draft pick. I would love to see that - as much as I enjoyed watching Miller last season.

Wilson was really good last year too.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I heard the Yankees are throwing Miller on the block to see if any team is desperate and over pay. They mentioned teams like the Nats and Astros and in the same article, it went onto suggest the Yankees want a starting pitcher(Strasburg or McCullers but it seemed like those names were guesses by the writer).

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I heard the Yankees are throwing Miller on the block to see if any team is desperate and over pay. They mentioned teams like the Nats and Astros and in the same article, it went onto suggest the Yankees want a starting pitcher(Strasburg or McCullers but it seemed like those names were guesses by the writer).

Can you blame them for asking that with the return that Kimbrel had?

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Nope and which is probably why they're testing the waters. Trade him and get a massive return. Keep him, great, still have a useful player. Oh, and the other team mentioned was Toronto and writer's suggestion from them was Marcus Stroman.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Rather have Pollock than Miller, so yes the deal must be expanded if it happens.

I would think the D'Backs need Pollock more than a guy like Miller.

Wouldn't this make more sense for the Dodgers? A way to unload Puig and get a good starter.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
With Greinke going to Arizona, does that mean they are no longer in the running for Maeda? Or are they willing to pay the $20 million fee plus Maeda's contract demand? If they are out, who is the next team going after him hard? Being Japanese, I would love Houston to get him but I don't see starting pitching currently on their shopping list. Maybe Seattle if they lose Iwakuma?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I would think the D'Backs need Pollock more than a guy like Miller.

Wouldn't this make more sense for the Dodgers? A way to unload Puig and get a good starter.

Not sure the Braves would want a player with supposed "problems" seems like old-school guys like Hart & Scheurholz would stay away from that.

Too bad Dombrowski is done shopping :naughty:

Strasburg will be a UFA next off season, should just wait to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad