MLB off-season news & notes discussion thread

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I imagine if it happens it's gonna be Nolan Gorman, a lesser prospect or two and the Rockies taking back Fowler or Carpenter to offset some money. Along with the Rockies chipping some money. Similar to the Stanton trade.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I imagine if it happens it's gonna be Nolan Gorman, a lesser prospect or two and the Rockies taking back Fowler or Carpenter to offset some money. Along with the Rockies chipping some money. Similar to the Stanton trade.

Apparently Rockies aren't interested in taking on salary. Prospects or young players.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You always know the Mets are having a bad offseason when they start making up rumors for A’s stars to please their fans. Chappy has 3 years of control left, so unless the steM plan on giving up all their best prospects they ain’t getting shit.

Reactions: darko

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

i like this trade for the A's. neuse was always a trade piece since he was blocked at 3B and kolarek looks to be a solid bullpen add

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Not sure where to put this, but man...

I always thought Tony Gwynn was a bit overrated because he really had no power element to his game and the last 8-9 years of his career he was getting out of shape so his defence and running wasn’t very good but man oh man, the things he was good at he was goddamned elite at. Getting hits and getting on base. And it seemed like he really really hated to strike out because he only would do it once every 24 at bats. Just crazy.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I always thought Tony Gwynn was a bit overrated because he really had no power element to his game and the last 8-9 years of his career he was getting out of shape so his defence and running wasn’t very good but man oh man, the things he was good at he was goddamned elite at. Getting hits and getting on base. And it seemed like he really really hated to strike out because he only would do it once every 24 at bats. Just crazy.
He’s Pete Rose with human decency and respect for the game.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad