MLB off-season news & notes discussion thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Phillies somehow haven't fired Klentak and speculation is that he won't be. But last year they took forever to fire Kapler.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
lol at vazquez, lindor and ahmed not being finalist for gold glove

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I don’t like watching pitchers hit unless they’re one of the guys who can go yard like MadBum but I do enjoy the strategy involved in do you keep him in or hit for him and double switches so I don’t mind no universal DH

Reactions: Del Preston

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Not bothered either way as you can make a case for and against the DH but both leagues have to be the same.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Insanity. How old is La Russia?
he's 76

really not sure why la russa would take that job at his age and after being out of the dugout for almost 10 years. i'd get it if the sox were a WS contender but unless they make some big moves, that's not the case

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
he's 76

really not sure why la russa would take that job at his age and after being out of the dugout for almost 10 years. i'd get it if the sox were a WS contender but unless they make some big moves, that's not the case
I think the White Sox will make more big moves this offseason, especially since they can clear up quite a bit of money by declining the options on Gio and Edwin, as well as non-tendering Mazara and Rodon. Still though, I am shocked that La Russa might return to the dugout after nearly a decade out of it to manage the White Sox.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Insanity. How old is La Russia?

The insanity is on Reinsdorf's head. He's a very "old boys' network" type of guy and La Russa used to manage the White Sox (in the 80's).

Incidentally, La Russa needs 36 wins to pass John McGraw for second on the all time list. He'll probably have to manage until he's 100 to pass Connie Mack.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
La Russa and the White Sox probably both regret how it ended and want a do over.

TLR is a legend and still more than capable. 76 isn't always decrepit.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It is all about regret on Jerry's part

He regretted how it ended with TLR for years and said it was his biggest mistake as owner of White Sox

Even Hawk/TLR patched up differences back in 90's

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It is all about regret on Jerry's part

He regretted how it ended with TLR for years and said it was his biggest mistake as owner of White Sox

Even Hawk/TLR patched up differences back in 90's
reinsdorf said his biggest mistake was hiring hawk as GM and that his second was letting hawk fire la russa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad