MLB moving All-Star game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
There’s no arguing with these people. If you don’t believe in the narrative set by mainstream media, you’re a POS and have no valid opinion. That’s the current state of this country.
Yeah I am kinda jealous of the rv though. Virginia doesn’t have that. The funny thing is the laws seem very good and will be fine

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This issue is bigger than the people of atlanta missing out on an MLB all-star game. It's about using power and influence in the service of what's right. It isn't just a georgia issue, either. Most red states are trying to do the same thing. Can't hurt their morals, but can hurt their wallets, and they will listen to that.

Plus, when the NCAA and MLB did this in other states, they started changing laws.

So it works.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
There’s no arguing with these people. If you don’t believe in the narrative set by mainstream media, you’re a POS and have no valid opinion. That’s the current state of this country.
It's funny that the state found no issues of voting fraud, despite actively looking for it and counting the votes three times, yet still felt the need to vastly change their voting laws to make it more difficult to register and more difficult to cast a vote. Why do you think that is?

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
It's funny that the state found no issues of voting fraud, despite actively looking for it and counting the votes three times, yet still felt the need to vastly change their voting laws to make it more difficult to register and more difficult to cast a vote. Why do you think that is?
There's no arguing with these people. If you don't believe in the conspiracy theorist scary woke lefties coming for your guns narrative set by facebook comments, you're a SJW and have no valid opinion. That's the current state of this country.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
There's no arguing with these people. If you don't believe in the conspiracy theorist scary woke lefties coming for your guns narrative set by facebook comments, you're a SJW and have no valid opinion. That's the current state of this country.
All you have to do is use common sense. If the people making the laws liked the previous voting outcome, nothing would change. They did not like the last two voting outcomes, so, the law is now changed.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The problem I have with this is, you are punishing the people of Atlanta, who I believe for the most part are NOT in favor of that new law. I remember when MLB took the game away from Miami (not for political reasons) and it sucked. I wish there was a better way for MLB to have handled this.
I’d argue they’re doing on behalf of the people of Atlanta.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
All you have to do is use common sense. If the people making the laws liked the previous voting outcome, nothing would change. They did not like the last two voting outcomes, so, the law is now changed.
Except voting reform has been an issue since 2016. Hillary gave a big speech about it and a governor in Oregon signed a law stating everyone who is 18 and has a driver license is automatically enrolled to vote. In 2012 40 million people who voted in person had issues with in person register

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Except voting reform has been an issue since 2016. Hillary gave a big speech about it and a governor in Oregon signed a law stating everyone who is 18 and has a driver license is automatically enrolled to vote. In 2012 40 million people who voted in person had issues with in person register
And yet, this bill was the fastest to ever be proposed and passed in georgian history. Weird.

If they thought it was an issue before these last two elections, why wouldn't they have passed it then with so much on the line? I can give you a hint.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
good on MLB and MLBPA. this was the right decision

for all you "cAnCeL cUlTuRe !!!" people, look up super bowl XXVII and why the state of AZ lost the right to host it. this is not the first time a league has decided to move an event from a host state for political reasons

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Attempting to punish America's sport for supporting the voting rights of marginalized communities within America is a bold strategy, Cotton.
Imagine being on his staff and knowing you will now have to work all night on a bill that has zero percent chance of being taken seriously by anybody on either side.

On second thought, the bad decision was made long before this.

Reactions: RussianRacket

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
It’s not voter suppression to require photo Id to vote. It’s not voting suppression to make it so people wearing a candidate shirt can’t hand out water and snacks. So now they even can’t travel around Georgia and collect votes at churches and they can’t mass send out mail ballots.

right, but cutting back the number of voting stations in heavy minority and democratic areas of the state is a problem. All of that leads to longer lines in areas that most likely don’t agree with your views.
This law is racially driven. You have to be blind not to see it.
The last part of your post is very questionable. But I will let others sort that out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad